• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 17, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone had to deal with installing bushings into a front axel? Is there a stock size bushing that should work out that I am missing??

JERRY - Bushing in the center pivot hole or at the outer spindle bores? If You check places like McMaster-Carr they have stock size bushings avail. Problem will be finding the right size boring bar to size the hole properly to put some "crush" on the bushing. You could Lock-Tight them in....but that'll probably lead to a discussion on JB Weld.
flame.gif
I wouldn't use a very thick wall bushing either....1/16" would work.

KRAIG - I remember that moment from PD #2... That was during the "PARADE LAP" and I got right about in front of the Photo Truck and almost ran out of gas and was limping back to My truck to gas-up. I'm off to the left on the 72...MAN that ground pulled hard!

Dennis - He needs to bush the spindle holes. I told him how to do it as I use to rebuild semi truck axles but he wants to drill'em with a china drill bit ...
biggrin.gif

After they're pressed in they'll have to be reamed to size.

He's gonna have to bite the bullet and SPEND MONEY if he wants to do it
rofl.gif

Matt - That looks pretty good except I'd strap the bottom side of those "forks" sitting on the shaft. They good fly off under compresson and hurt ya.

Thanks for the help guy's.

BTW:
What exactly does Art consider a real Cub Cadet?
stupid.gif

Matt - Yup , or just a pin. One of those with the detent ball on the side at the tip would be nice.

Ken--- not the dreaded M word! That is a bad word around here.

Kraig: Stop it, I remember the girls wearing pants like that and those hair styles. Good Lord I am feeling old again!

Going back to my napzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Pops

Pops may never remember a face but he never forgets a pair of pants.
lol.gif

... except his as he jumped from the window
biggrin.gif

Charlie - I'm gonna be cuttin grass b4 long but we have a chance of snu sunday night. It's 69* today !
I see your snow is off the radar now, all that complaining for nuttin.

KENtucky, here's what my driveway and yard looked like this morning:

81242.jpg

81244.jpg

81243.jpg

I'm gonna need a selonoid for my 122. Would an aftermarket do or should I go Kohler? Theres a good (?) used one on ebay for a 123, would that work? Thanks! Dave

David P.
A good after market or an original Kohler are both fine, IMHO.
Click the sponsor buttons above and they will get ya fixed up.
thumbsup_old.gif

David - The trouble with buying used electrical stuff is you don't know or can you see how long "good" is gonna last.

Kraig - Seems I already seen those pics somewhere ...

David...you should really replace it with a new one, ya never know what your going to get when buying used electrical parts

Matt,

Here is my clutch spring compressor.
81249.jpg

101 uses for the wood splitter.

Back