• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

First Day Of Spring'13 Is March 20th

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmcleod

displayname
Cathleen McLeod
well well, so Phil the groundhog did a miserable job of predicting a ' early ' spring this year. Is it really spring where anyone is?

Yep, Today, March 20th, 2013 IS the first day of SPRING.

Here in Iowa it is freezy breezy 17 right now and tonight the low is suppose to be in SINGLE digits. WHAT ? Maybe it's spring somewhere but it sure isn't here. yep, a few Robins have made their way home, or are passing thru but there haven't been any celebratory morning sunrise songs..but when THAT happens, I'll go with it being spring.

after the sun had melted the majority of the snow, Fancy and I did our first power walk of the season. He was so happy. We could go far cus of snow and mud, but we walked a little. It as a start anyways. lol but then it snowed again and after his power walk, he was all jazzed up to PW everyday, so one day he ran out the door, wanting to go walk, and he landed in the snow, turning around and looking at me bewildered as though saying..what just happened.? hahaha

sooo, MORE snow is forecast for this week, so I guess spring isn't arriving on time, by predictions nor by the calendar..so no flowers pushing thru the earth, nor winged ones flying in, nor geese heading north nor warmish spring days...nope, spring in Iowa is snow, cold, mud and cabin fever at its very peak..

have a great first day of spring everyone..

Cathleen

Punxsutawney Phil, the King of the Groundhogs was found dead from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound after predicting an early spring.
255691.jpg
happy.gif

Yep, here in Sun Prairie, WI. where JIMMY, the more accurate predictor of an early spring back on Feb. 2nd, the towns people gathered for a Bar-B-Que this AM. The exact recipe of the Bar-B-Que wasn't revealed, but everybody was bundled up to face the 6-8 degree temps and 10-20 MPH winds resulting in below Zero wind chills and stood around in the 6-8 inches of snow still on the ground.

Back on Feb. 2nd, Jimmy was cited as having 80% accuracy in his predictions where Phil was only 20-30% accurate. Rumors were floating about that Jimmy's son would be taking over the predicting chores in Sun Prairie in 2014. No details were revealed as to the reason.

Frank--That's funny right there!!!
roflol.gif

Cathleen--I see where you are coming from. The only ones really enjoying this "spring" are my two Siberians. They love it! The rest of us...not so much!

We had an equally strange first day of spring here in east central WI. I am supervising a bunch of teens at a large regional competition. One of the categories is archery! This is a yearly event and last year it was nearly 70 degrees and sunny. Yesterday...well at least it was sunny but it was about 9 degrees with 25mph west winds driving adjusted temps to about 10 below. The teens were walking through the drifts to retrieve arrows. Spring time!!!! What's that????

BULLCRAP!
The first full day of spring and I wake up to 13 BELOW ZERO!!!!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr BRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

And here in St. Croix County it was -5°F this morning. Feels more like January. I love snow and winter but I think we've had enough winter.
icon_rolleyes.gif
I'm ready for spring.
bannana_guitar.gif

I came down here to the Sunshine State to warm up and its not very warm. 46 this morning.

Oh goodness, well IT was bound to happen, what with Phil's demise. ( good one Frank) Are we SUREEEE that is the REAL Phil though and not some poor hog they found somewhere to save Phils rear-end ? Our resident GH hasn't been out wandering. I imagine that the groundhog community has sent out national alerts. to stay underground till spring arrives and we humans get over our being pissed off .

Josuah..your puppies are breed for cold weather.lol..so yuppers they love snow and cold. Vincent and Dennis...burr...here it got up to a whopping 22

Geeez Kraig, you weren't much warmer then Charlie.!!

Charlie its always COLD at your place.
1a_violin.gif

angel.gif
cathleen

Kraig-
When I pulled out of the garage this morning, the temp gauge on my truck instantly went to -8. As I began my drive north I knew it would get colder (it always gets colder in a certain spot on my daily commute.)

Sure enough, this is what I saw as I got near the BIG farm between my town and your town.

255766.jpg

As I continued north, it came back up to a balmy -10 for the last 20 minutes of the ride which was expected as it always gets warmer after I pass that farm. (must be an elevation change there.)

It's March 21st for crying out loud!!!
rant.gif

Art, that makes sense. Back in January when I was paying attention to the temps, the thermometer in my car was reading at least 5 degrees warmer than the old thermometer I have outside the kitchen window on my house. That old one has always agreed with the wireless digital one I have at the house. I just didn't want to believe that it was closer to -10°F.
facepalm.gif

Supposed to be 63 deg. here today. Better break out the parka...

Back