• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 17, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dennis; I can't imagine a tractor working harder than my 147 has worked. The electric lift has performed very well. I replaced the spiroid gear last year and that is the only maintence it has ever had. I would recomend it to anyone.I now have chains and weights on the tractor and use the blade to push rock or anything i need to move. The lift will almost pick the front wheels off the ground with down pressure.
162764.jpg

Roy N:
<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

A front wheel bearing on my 149 need replacing. The local dealer wants $$ and I'm wondering if there is a bearing manufacturers part number I could have looked up at my local NAPA store while I do my Saturday shopping. I'm figuring the bearing from a non-CC source would be less expensive. The OEM number is IH-384-881-R93 (or R94).<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Here ya go....

162767.jpg

Thanks guys.

I've had this thing forever and as far as I can remember it always been that way. It does seem to be very RPM dependent.

Roy N: To add to what Roland posted about the bearings:

1) The first number (without the P's) tells you that the bearing is open on both sides as shown in the illustration, requires packing, and is greaseable from either side

2) A (one P) P suffix tells you that the bearing is sealed on one side and open on the other, requires packing, and is greaseable from the open side only.

3)A (two Ps) PP suffix tells you the bearing is sealed on both sides and is permanently factory greased,and not user greasable.

Myron B

LUTHER - Like I said in my earlier post, some people have had fantastic luck with the elec. lift but the early ones were very problematic.

The add-on hyd. lifts do have a couple issues, mainly the detent spring inside breaking if I remember correctly which then tears out the pump gears, and of course seals always seem to weep or leak. But I tend to compare durability of a system to My old FARMALL's. The M&W Live Hyd. on Dad's '51 M was installed in about 1960 or 1961, and it has been a dedicated loader tractor except in the fall when the mounted corn picker was installed. I can't remember who made M&W's pumps, but after Dad rebuilt the cylinders on the loader about ten yrs ago it lifts strong enough to almost flatten the frt tires on the tractor when in a heavy lift. The OEM Pesco pump on the Super H is a lower GPM and PSI pump than the M&W pump on the M and the performance of the loader on it reflects that. The M will lift stuff at idle the Super H won't even budge. Anyhow, the pump on the Super H is over 55 yrs old, never been touched and is direct engine driven, engine probably has around 3000 hours on it. It can be a little tired if it wants!

Myron, Roland,

Thanks for the info. I just checked the RBCBearings.com website and found the flanged bearings on page 57 of their catalog. After I wrote my first email I checked the other wheel and found it had a Heim RF122214AP wheel bearing. Seems the only difference between the RF122214 and RF122414 is the flange diameter (1.50" vs 1.625") and number and size of ball bearings.

I found the Stens number is 215210, MTD 741-0141, and NAPA 7-04133. I just bought two NAPA bearings ($10.29 each) and they have a 1.50" flange and is sealed on both sides.

I told the wife about the 1650 and I'm still breathing so I guess its all good! She just kinda rolled her eyes and did some mumbling! LOL

Hey scott...you are almost there, for once you have enough yellow and white cubs (seems like three or four)parked around the shed and yard, it is easy to sneek another into the herd.....

Anyone having trouble with the "Cub Cadet Parts Lookup" on this site? I've got the following message for several days now
EmpartISAPI.MF() -- App could not be found

Thanks

Will any mule drive and lift off of a wide frame work on that 1650? Also was wondering about a snow/dozer blade. I dont know much about this particular model and WF's in general. All I know is that it's a QL. Any help would be cool!

I finally got the 102 up and running today, finishing off the electrical hookups and putting the seat back on. Still got a few issues to work out with the governor, battery hold down, and with the headlight wiring, but she lit off on the first revolution, and after a little carb fiddling it ran strong and smooth. I drove it around for a few minutes to test out the clutch, brakes, and transmission. The clutch works well, though it rattles as they typically do, and the transmission works perfectly. I stress checked it by backing up a steep hill in reverse, and driving forward in all gears. There was no hint of it wanting to pop out of any gear.

I also discovered I need an air cleaner mounting gasket, and of course, I'm still waiting on my decals to arrive. Here are a few shots of my (almost) complete 102:
ihrotate.gif

162785.jpg

162786.jpg

162787.jpg

162788.jpg

I cleaned up and lapped the head for the 100 today...is this the famed "LP" head?

162790.jpg

More stuff to come later...I'm planning on staying out in the garage real late tonight.

Matt, I,m not positive but think it maybe a standard head. Go look in Charlies FAQs at item 56, has some nice pix of LP&reg heads.

Bruce Nolte,
Very nice work.
beerchug.gif

And I know it was work. So now what?
yummy.gif

greenthumb.gif

Hi Guys,

I'd like to know what shade of white is required for correctly repainting a IH #2 trailer? I have 3 cans of Harvestor 901 White, but believe it might be a different shade; some online research indicates this trailer was made between 1971 - 1985. Any documented information about the appropriate color would be appreciated.

Just finished the floor in the new Cub Cadet garage.The 2 residents Original #682 and 982TD .20 years of IH first and last models they made.
162794.jpg

Michael, wow thats a nice floor, gives me ideas for the kitchen remodel...lol i dont think that would go over well, but nice job..

Bruce, great lookin 102!! cant wait to see the pics after you get the decals..

Looking good Mike!! (I've seen it in person, even better "Live"!!)

Latest posts

Back