• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 17, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LP and standard heads. I believe on the Cub Cadets, the LP heads were only found on the 1964 model 100's.
162796.jpg

162797.jpg

Got the governor problem fixed, and installed a few more bits like the rear cover panel. One fairly important thing I am missing is the little bushing that goes in between the bolt and the PTO lever. Guess I'll have to steal it off the other one in the morning.

I got a couple of "next projects" in the wings. I want to get the 129 fitted with the hydraulic lift kit off of the junker 1650. I also want to see if I can make a decent deck out of the two 42 inch decks I have. And speaking of junkers, I need to strip the usable parts off of both the 1650 and the old 102. Even though the engine, transmission, and front end are junk on the old 102, some of the bits I get off of it are like solid gold. Once the hydraulics are stripped off of the 1650, and I get what I want off of it, I will probably offer what's left to someone local on the board here, or take it to Arcadia.

Still not sure what to do about the 125 yet, I'll probably make it a second mower and sprayer rig, but I'll probably leave it pretty much unmolested for now.

Bruce Nolte,
Looking goood
Looks like you need a set of batt hold down bolts,and I think?? your choke cable bracket should be mounted to where the condenser is....Just trying to help....
Matt G
let see some more pix of you adding more painted parts to your 100

Just got in from the garage...motor is 90% together. It's too cold for the carb cleaner to work, so that's going to have to wait. I put the steering column in the tractor. Tomorrow I'll bolt on the 3 point and seat bracket, and possibly put the motor in. Sorry, no pics...I was too tired.

Paul-

Yes, it's a '64. The parts motor I have laying on the floor has the same head, too.

Hello guys!
I am new to this site and owning a Cub. On 07.18.09 a friend practically gace my 13 yr old a a 1964 Cub Cadet Original in fantastic shape. He even delivered it to our home. Only problem is, when he tried to start it, it did not turn over and he held the starter button down a bit too long and it fried two wires in t he electrical system. I will start to look at it Monday. But I suspect the generator / starter has a problem, may need to be rebuilt.?
I mean, for some reason, with a new battery, it did not turn over and as he held the starter button down the wires were fried. I'd appreciate any input, I know virtually NOTHING about electrical stuff. I am gonning to have the generator tested triy to repair the wiring and go from there. The Cub apperars to have original tires, weather cracked, a really nice mowing deck, NO rust anywhere. I guess it is a 7 or 8hp Kohler.I need the belt to drive the mower deck, I'd like to install lights, I need to sew the seat cover, and the IH emblem is missing in the grill. Otherwise, I am amazed at what we have. Oh, and as you can see, if I get the photos uploaded, the exhaust is not stock!
I welcome any suggestions!
thanks,
Tony P
Unionville, NC
162806.jpg

Well, it looks like the photo did upload. Is there a service manual and wiring diagram available for this machine?
I was looking at the mowing deck, it looks like the grass exits out the back. There is a defelector of some sort attached to where I would normally expect the grass to exit.
I hope I can get thiese two burnt wires and whatever caused them sorted out soon. My son is dying to hear this little tractor run. He has wanted something like this for a long time. He could hardly sleep last night!
We live in a rural area, with a vintage tractor club which we will join, and a lot of tractor shows and parades. My son is SO happy, and he'll really perk up when we get it running again.
Thanks,
again!

Good job on the 102 Bruce. I wish mine looked that good.
Scott; After about five cub cadets you move them around every week and the wife will never know when they come and go.

Lewis P.
I have the battery hold down bolts, its the small piece of angle stock I'm missing. PO monkey rigged it with a piece of flat iron and a wooden block.
as for the condenser, I'll check out the 125, though it works well as currently mounted.

Tony Marvin Powers,
when he tried to start it, it did not turn over and he held the starter button down a bit too long and it fried two wires in t he electrical system.

If by this you mean the engine did not turn then perhaps the tractor sat long enough for the piston to get stuck in the cylinder. If you can not turn the engine by hand, remove the spark plug and pore engine oil (or Marvel Mystery oil)in there and let it sit so that the oil gets a chance to try to get to the rings. At any rate you should be able to turn the engine by hand.

Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back