Archive through March 17, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theaton

displayname
Todd Heaton
I thought that I was working at a good pace on the 128 redo.....But it looks like spring is almost apon us. Cool temps here today, but warm temps forcasted with rain. Guess the grass will be a growin. Time to get my !#% in gear!

Theodore - All ya had to do was hit that little red X over to the right ;)

There's a 30 minute time limit
thumbsup.gif

Theodore; Good find on the 127. All cub cadets are hard to find where i live. A p o has drilled the holes by the headlights for some reason.
That is A electric lift.

I learned something new yesterday after snagging a NOS PTO rebuild kit.
I didn't know that they had a kit specific for the 147 which uses 2 clutch disk.
81211.jpg

81212.jpg

Kraig:
I have all of the parts except this one. Do you have a diagram of the measurements and hole locations?
Thanks in advance...
81218.jpg

Charlie: That two-disc was a temporary fix for use by the new higher 14 hp tractors. Those discs were fairly thin. After clearing the inventory of those thin discs, the final result was the use of a much thicker disc for all models which is what you see in today's kits.

Myron B

Donnie, sorry I do not. I guess I should have measured and documented the one I had several years ago.
bash.gif
Here's some photos of it that might give enough detail and scale for you to fab one up. Hopefully someone has one kicking around that they could measure for you. Or why not place an add in the wanted section?
dunno.gif

81220.jpg

81221.jpg

81222.jpg

Kraig; If you have diagrams of the 3 point set up I'd like to see them as well. It's the 1 thing missing from my 125 that I will need this spring & summer.
deadat30.gif

Donnie, here's a photo from the manual that shows it installed.

81224.jpg

Jim, best bet is the classifieds to buy a complete 3 point setup for your 125.

Kraig-
If you guys would get a REAL CUB you wouldn't need those makeshift brackets to install a rear 3-point.

Ducking for cover!.........
pop.gif

Art, the 125 doesn't need that bracket for the 3 point either, only the 1x6/7 series needs it for the 3 point.
81229.gif

MATT H. -
wink.gif
Some of Us who have been around here WAY too long remember the discussion about "Miss Green Pants" I'm sure....

Denny, ummm, I recall, someone named her Suzie Green Pants....

81231.jpg

81232.jpg

I believe that Tedd's wife intentionally showed up at PD2 dressed in green pants....

81234.jpg

Donnie,
I just ran across the item your looking for on E-Bay. "under cub cadet lift".
Hope this helps.
Jim

My Dad and I came up with this contraption to compress clutch springs when assembling the clutch. We have about $5 and some scrap in this, and it works really well. If a locking collar is used to hold the spring instead of a spirol pin, this can even be used to adjust the spring while the clutch is in the tractor, assuming its a WF
happy.gif
I just used it to compress an 800# red spring for my 582. More to follow....

81238.jpg

Latest posts

Back