• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through March 16, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MATT- i have the very same set-up. and that dam sub-frame is tight therefore the frame[of tractor] spreads the s.frame TOO far apart. i had to make my own brackets like u got. of course my 42" ih did not come with the original mount brackets.....so i have no way of telling what amount of space should be between the s.frame and bottom side of axel.....to try to find the correct heigth...bay be you and i could advoid your problem.

Douglas,
I thought of that, but I would want to put in an inline fuel filter also. After I buy the right nipples, the hose, clamps, filter, shut off valve, I probably won't be saving any money.

Kraig M, Those little Prime Line mufflers can be adapted to a lot of odd applications.
116115.jpg

I have'nt looked close enough at the fuel tank on the 147, but the only filter on the 128 is the screen on the shutoff valve. I have never had problems with dirt getting into the carb. Do the narrow frames not use the screen/shutoff valve?

How hard would it be to put a gear drive rearend into the 582 special?
Would parts from others tractors work to do this?

Just thinkng ahead, cause I don't rightly know just what I am going to do with this cub yet.

Lonny-

I have a 580 (yellow version of the same thing) that I should check the S/N on, as I think it's close to yours. I'm gonna put a gear drive rear in it and build it into a 582. You'll need a 582 clutch, and basically any gear drive rear. My 582 has a rear from a 122 in it, and it's eventually going to have one from a 106.

BTW, You better rebuild the fuel pump and carb if the crankcase was full of gas.

Matt,

I am keeping an eye on the oil level to see if it fills again befor I rebuild the carb.

Could have just been a speck of dirt under the needle valve.

Time will tell.

David C., very interesting! A set of those mufflers could come in handy for the Onan twin in my AC620 when the current M$U$F$F$L$E$R$ gives out. Thanks!
happy.gif

how hard would it be to put a narrow frame rear end in my 1100 i was thinking just the rearend and a clutch and drive shaft correct???

Lonny and Matt, Wait until you see the $$ you need for the clutch hangers. Keep a eye open for a "standard" 582 junker.

tom what hangers are you talking about, i think ive got about everything except the friction plates

Hello everyone.
I have a problem. I came across a Cub Cadet 1250 with 50 inch deck. Problem is I just ran out of room when I got my last one. I'll have to watch this one slip away.

One of the changes with that muffler outlet pointing straight down is no more collection of gas into a hot muffler on shutdown... How would I ever wake my neighbor up then?? (the end of a 25 year old tradition of... "PULL" ....BANG!!!!!)
Shotgun.gif

Brad,

There are a number of us that have the same problem you have - 2 many cubs and not enough space. But I'm thinking when my daughter goes to college next year I can remodel her bedroom into a cub storage/workshop!

look what i found guys i'm going to get it tonight or first thing in the am what a good deacub cadet implements/ garden plow and harrows and a 3 point hitch setup. $150 L !!!

Latest posts

Back