Archive through March 16, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MATT- i have the very same set-up. and that dam sub-frame is tight therefore the frame[of tractor] spreads the s.frame TOO far apart. i had to make my own brackets like u got. of course my 42" ih did not come with the original mount brackets.....so i have no way of telling what amount of space should be between the s.frame and bottom side of axel.....to try to find the correct heigth...bay be you and i could advoid your problem.

Douglas,
I thought of that, but I would want to put in an inline fuel filter also. After I buy the right nipples, the hose, clamps, filter, shut off valve, I probably won't be saving any money.

Kraig M, Those little Prime Line mufflers can be adapted to a lot of odd applications.
116115.jpg

I have'nt looked close enough at the fuel tank on the 147, but the only filter on the 128 is the screen on the shutoff valve. I have never had problems with dirt getting into the carb. Do the narrow frames not use the screen/shutoff valve?

How hard would it be to put a gear drive rearend into the 582 special?
Would parts from others tractors work to do this?

Just thinkng ahead, cause I don't rightly know just what I am going to do with this cub yet.

Lonny-

I have a 580 (yellow version of the same thing) that I should check the S/N on, as I think it's close to yours. I'm gonna put a gear drive rear in it and build it into a 582. You'll need a 582 clutch, and basically any gear drive rear. My 582 has a rear from a 122 in it, and it's eventually going to have one from a 106.

BTW, You better rebuild the fuel pump and carb if the crankcase was full of gas.

Matt,

I am keeping an eye on the oil level to see if it fills again befor I rebuild the carb.

Could have just been a speck of dirt under the needle valve.

Time will tell.

David C., very interesting! A set of those mufflers could come in handy for the Onan twin in my AC620 when the current M$U$F$F$L$E$R$ gives out. Thanks!
happy.gif

how hard would it be to put a narrow frame rear end in my 1100 i was thinking just the rearend and a clutch and drive shaft correct???

Lonny and Matt, Wait until you see the $$ you need for the clutch hangers. Keep a eye open for a "standard" 582 junker.

tom what hangers are you talking about, i think ive got about everything except the friction plates

Hello everyone.
I have a problem. I came across a Cub Cadet 1250 with 50 inch deck. Problem is I just ran out of room when I got my last one. I'll have to watch this one slip away.

One of the changes with that muffler outlet pointing straight down is no more collection of gas into a hot muffler on shutdown... How would I ever wake my neighbor up then?? (the end of a 25 year old tradition of... "PULL" ....BANG!!!!!)
Shotgun.gif

Brad,

There are a number of us that have the same problem you have - 2 many cubs and not enough space. But I'm thinking when my daughter goes to college next year I can remodel her bedroom into a cub storage/workshop!

look what i found guys i'm going to get it tonight or first thing in the am what a good deacub cadet implements/ garden plow and harrows and a 3 point hitch setup. $150 L !!!

Latest posts

Back