• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 12, 2019

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dschwandt

IHCC Supporter
displayname
David Schwandt
Milk shake, anyone!!
Figured I'd change the oil in the '0' while I had it on the bench to install a lower 3 point hitch link to support a weight box. I hae a BB36 on the old Gal and it's pretty worthless w/no weight.

Also, a PO had installed an aftermarket ammeter that did not work in the center of the dash. I replaced it with an IH meter that does work.

Removed the 3 lower bolts and it stated bleeding milk! Kinda glad I did! What a mess!

324977.jpg

Mike P. Good find! The original firestones are much better and was told the newer tires are made out of synthetic rubber. I have two new pairs of the 26-12-12 I need to get put on.

Thanks Nate. I was pretty happy to find them. Tire guy I deal with for farm tires had offered them to one of the local puller guys but he never did show up to get them. So I scooped them for my 982. Owner was going to take home and put on his wife’s JD if I didn’t take them. I’d like to get another set for my 782 as well but I’ll have to settle for the new ones - chances of getting another set of original ones will be VERY slim I’m sure!

Got a tire question here , can you put a set of 23x10.50-12 tires on wheels that have 23x8.50-12 tires. Never tried myself . Thanks

Matt..Ok thanks anyways , I know there dico tires.. We'll for the price he wants I'm willing to give them a chance. Can't beat 5 bucks / tire . Also has a good year ago tire in the same size , same price. Not to mention he's gonna throw in a set of 16x6.50-8 front tires 4 free

Got the milkshake mess cleaned up.
Working on the weight box.
Will be heavy by itself when empty!
I have a 50 lb scale weight that will sit right in there plus about 50 lbs of lead plates.

324981.jpg

Jonathan- You sure can. But they will perform better on wider rims. The foot print on the ground will be smaller than if they were on the correct rims

Nate ,, ok thanks for the info. I picked them up last night and as far as used tires get there in real nice shape. I'm still going to look for a set of wider rims.

Charlie, nice! Assuming those are 1'x1' tiles, that timeline appears to be about 9' long.

Seeing that it's Off Topic Friday, is anyone else battling water? My mom had some water seep into her basement yesterday. It's been over 40 years since any has leaked in. And after that leak 40+ years ago they regraded the soil around the house and that had taken care of it. Anyway I headed over there yesterday morning to clear as much snow as I could from around the house. My mom's JD X585 with 47" two stage snowblower worked great in the wet slushy snow and water. I got a bunch cleared away so now there's a stream running around the house. hopefully that'll work to minimize how much gets in.

324989.jpg

324990.jpg

324991.jpg

I also discovered how far out from the foundation the ground had thawed.
bash.gif
Had to use my SUV to pull it out and with all the ice under the snow I wasn't even sure that was going to do it.

Oops!
roflol.gif
Yeah, it's funny now but at the time it wasn't.

324992.jpg

324993.jpg

Kraig,

Yep! That's what happens to those green machines when they get off track...stuck in the mud!
happy.gif

Kraig, I'm impressed that you had the presence of mind to snap some pics. You probably didn't even utter any foul language! I would have lost my cool so fast that I wouldn't have thought to take any photos.

the heck with water i just got buried in snow have a 6 to 8ft drift where my cubs sleep also looking to buy a new generator anyone have a brand they like

So when your drive shaft on a 982 with a re-powered Mag 20 seems to "wobble" and make the machine vibrate - is it bent, the coupler worn out and allowing it to "wobble", or is there something wrong with engine?

I had a local dealer swap out the Onan about 3 years ago for me with a used Mag 20, i don't know (remember) if he had to change the drive shaft to mate up with Mag or was able to use the one that was in it from the Onan? i haven't used the 982 hardley at all after the re-power. I thought I blew the fuel pump on it because the engine filled with gas when blowing snow one night notn long after. In my time of complete frustration and anger I parked it until last week. I pulled the carb off and found it chugged full of rust like crap that I can only assume came from the gas or was in the carb when put into the 982?
I cleaned it out and put carb back together then got it fired up (after changing out oil) - smoked some then ran decent at low speed and a bit above idle. when reving it up past half throttle the machine shakes bad - i don't remember it doing that before - hence the reason i ask if there is possibly something wrong with the engine?
i notice the back half of the coupler that bolts to the hydo is 'loose" - meaning it has a bit more play to it than i would have expected on the spines?? First off any know off the top of their heads if the couplers are still available? IF the shaft is what is the problem - can i just get a piece of steel from steel guy and make my own? I've heard some guys change them out and use a diffferent style than the rubber circles - good, bad, ugly, idea??
the splines on the input shaft of hydro look decent, figure its the coupler if it is the splines because they are cast?
Thoughts??
I know it certainly nice have it running again!! I was hoping i WAS GONNA GET TO TRY MY NEW Firestones out in the snow.

Latest posts

Back