Archive through March 04, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dfrisk

displayname
Dennis Frisk
KENDELL - Wish I had room for an oven that big! CC frame WOULD fit in that oven.

BRIAN - The 126's rear end would bolt onto the 100's frame. Not sure how all the clutch & brake linkage would have to be worked out since your going from an internal brake rearend to an external. My guess would be the 100's clutch & linkage would work fine, but the 126's brake linkage would have to be used.

hello i have a 1250 cub hydro stat and is there any standard adjustment for the hydro linkage? when i am trying to start the engine it is also trying to turn the pump and lugging the motor down and the hydro lever is really stiff. when the motor starts the tractor starts to creep. thanks }}

Randy C
(when the motor starts the tractor starts to creep.)

I would read the faq above and adjust .

Now, Don, you can do better than that!
Randy: Welcome!
groupwave.gif

At the top of the page, under the colorful boxes, click on FAQ, then on cubfaq.com #14 That'll get ya started. While your there, glance through the 93 topics and you'll find a LOT of info.
smile.gif

I stand corrected. Not bad for a guy that types with one finger! Sorry, Don!
whistling.gif

Brian, I may have missed something here, but why are you wanting to swap all the 126 parts to the 100? Jerry

thank you so much for that info donald i will check that and it has just been painted. this web site is awesome. do you think that is why when you move the lever it starts out real slow then takes off real fast? sounds like it huh. thanks again look forward to getting to know all of you.

Randy-

You have a machine that is around 35 years old. To get the hydro response back to where you need it I would start under the dash. Starting with the shifter I would go through all of the linkage all the way back to the cam plates and trunion. You'll have to do some exposing by removing panels and such including the fender assembly and gas tank if you want to do it right. If you do a thorough job now you will just save some time later. It can get a little costly as well. I always find crud and rust in places it shouldn't be. Because of this I always take longer for almost any job. I can't stand to put a rusty part on a tractor even if it doesn't show. You can clean all of the linkage and parts but if it has wear you won't be able to get good adjustments therefore you won't be happy with the job. Being 35+ years old it probably has wear. I'd bet my bottom dollar it has rust. I'm sort of in the same boat with a 149 and the guys here are very helpful so stick with it and good luck.....Wayne

Wayne: Your profile shows 3 1250's and a 1450. I'd say Randy should listen to you. Let's ask him if he has a manual, yet?
asthanos.gif

Someday I'm going to google asthenos.
smile.gif

Hello all! I'm new here and I was hoping someone could answer a tiller question for me. I have a 1650 hydro that I would like to put a tiller on. A local guy has one for sale, but he (and me) don't know anything about it. Will any IH Cub tiller work on my tractor? Is one more desirable than another? I have a rear hydro lift setup from a 149 to put on the 1650, so that part is covered.

i have a 1A for my 149, there isnt any difference that i know of between the 2 as far as mounting... i dont know much about the tillers tho

Randy C - Welcome to the forum. Wayne gave you sound advice on checking all linkages, from the control handle all the way to the hydro. Regarding the slow start, then increasing speed, it sounds like the trunion repair (also listed in the FAQs) is in line. In addition to Richard Christianson's excellent article in the FAQ, CC Specialties sells a part to help with that repair. This may sound sort of cryptic, but after you read all the info and check out the part on CCS, it'll become more clear. Good luck. You have a lot of knowledge on this site if you run into problems.

ok I am tired of this
186350.jpg

and am ready for this
186351.jpg

Randy S, Welcome and I believe you will need a 2A tiller for your 1650 which is what I run on my 1200 although a 1A may fit I am sure someone else will reply soon.
186354.jpg

thanks everybody i started to look at the hydro plates and the one has allot of slop in it so i am going to get some shimms for it. today i hope to get under the dash and look at that linkage. just wish i knew how to set all the linkages as far as getting it to be in neutral. just wish it would warm up enough to spend some time on it cant wait for spring. thanks guys

randy crim
jack your tractor up off the floor on stands and follow the directions in the faq for your tractor.I set mine up that at neutral that the wheels don`t move and then adjust everything ahead from there. I have used bolts welded in to repair slop in some areas.The best way is take it all apart and inspect everything for wear and replace as needed. start with the trunnion springs and follow the faq ,there is great info in there. once you go through it you will have a tractor that will work nice for a long time

Jerry - My 100 does not have a mower deck. I plan on using the sub-frame and mower deck from the 126. I still want a hydro so I was weighing options of keeping the 126 as spares for my 100 out back in the elements (its in rough shape cosmetically anyway) or trying to sell it for funds for a hydro. I might not have explained it that way. Thanks for the feedback, K301 and transaxle w/ linkage for external brake seem like it would be good to have kicking around.

Randy Crimm You do have the Cub manual with the neutral adjustment in it don"t you??????

Randy C-

I told you these guys would help out. They're a wonderful asset in the world of "cubbing". I realized as soon as I finished posting I forgot to mention manuals and FAQs. They are a must and a time saver. The research has already been done. A lot of people, including myself, will ask questions here that have been answered in either the manuals or the FAQs found at the top of each page. If it's a simple question you might just get an answer. If it's involved, you'll probably get directions. Either way you'll get the help you need for sure.

Frank-

Yep. I had three until last Sunday. A fourth came up on cl about 30 miles away so the herd keeps growing. I need to be a wealthy man. Well....

i bought a disc that has every manual for it except a service manual for the tractor. does anybody have one that you can email me? or should i look to buy one? if so where should i get it? and should i shimm the plate or replace it do you think? hope to get out there soon and get into it. then i will keep all of you posted. thanks guys

Latest posts

Back