• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 03, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like some stuck relief valves to me.They have a tendency to stick when you least expect it LOL

Digger, It is automatic relief valves

319707.jpg

No lever other than hyd-cylinder function on right side.

319708.jpg

319709.jpg

If it were mine, I'd go for the brake thing first. You might be right on the plunger not releasing all the way.

Well to shed some more light on the situation, when I first got it fired up, it would NOT go forward or reverse, other than the continual slow forward motion regardless of lever position. Then I moved the implement lever to see if hydraulics and cylinder functioned, then a slight pressure dump was felt and off it went(on stands ;) ) and both forward and reverse worked. Figured something in hydro stuck, but now unstuck...., but now maybe stuck at a different position because forward reverse still work....

To put simply, the rear end is reacting exactly like that of a car when in park, Locked to roll either direction, but when raised wheels spin freely and reverse direction when both in the air, regardless of brake pedal being depressed or not

The input shaft to tran is being held back either by the brake, or by the hydro. Going to free up plunger and eliminate that before anything else.

Hopefully some input rolls in from the forum on which is best, internal or external brakes before I delve too deep in the wrong one.

I hate to ask, but was everything working before you started working on it, By that I mean, did it move? Did it lift? And when was the last time you changed the fluid and filter? Just thinkin with my fingers ya know!
biggrin.gif

When I got the 1650 it had a broken connecting rod, had sat somewhere 10yrs or more. Picked it up along with a parts tractor from the PO who never got around to looking at it...... It's a mystery. He was not the original owner when it was running either so he has no more info.

Jeff change the hytran and filter I’d bet it looks like mud or black coffee,I’d say do that next

When I got my 125 it was doing kinda the same thing sat for a long time soon as changed the hytran and filter it moved like a new tractor

Back