• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 03, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sblunier

displayname
Steve Blunier "Mr. Plow" (Central IL)
Kraig,

No, mine was a bit earlier than that..... I got chastised for supporting Rick Albert for asking a question about a 382..... late 1998 I think.....

We bought the house in 98 and I bought a 129 shortly after... then found the forum.

The local weather guessers are forecasting 6-9" of snow with some localized 12" amounts for my area on Monday.
icon_eek.gif
Guess I better grease the QA42 and gas up the 125.
Shift.gif

Steve, I saw that post regarding the "lawn tractor" it was after the one I posted. I'll see if I can find it again.

If that was my first post, at least it was about plows!!!!!

You may be right, but I thought I was on in 98.....of well, no big deal either way.
happy.gif

Steve, Here's a few of those posts regarding that event, (posted to read from the bottom up just like the forum):

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

By Rick Albert on Friday, July 23, 1999 - 10:45 pm:

Steve....you have done it....that's exactly what my tractor looks like...right down to the alternator on the right side....getting closer to what I really have....thanks for caring enough to help.....Jim , Thanks to you as well....I had a chance to go "green" and decided NO.

Thanks to those who took the time to care....Thanks to Brenda...who I will call for parts on Monday.

Rick<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

By Steven Blunier (Sblunier) on Friday, July 23, 1999 - 09:40 pm:

Oops, I mistakenly used riding mower when I really meant LAWN TRACTOR as Jim posted. My mistake.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

By Steven Blunier (Sblunier) on Friday, July 23, 1999 - 09:37 pm:

Rick,

Go to "Unofficial CC home page" and open the second to last link "CC parts and accessories". If your tractor looks like the tractor in the top left corner of the cover, then you have an IH RIDING mower. If it was built in 1981 then it is a 382 Hydro and was red with black and white decals from the factory. Should look like a baby 1086 farm tractor.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

By Jim Chabot (Jchabot) on Friday, July 23, 1999 - 09:35 pm:

Rick Albert:

Come on now we're not an elitist group, those guys have tractors which are a different color altogether!

I don't have all of the information needed to determine if your tractor was made by IH or if it is a Cub Cadet or a Cadet. I'll try to help you out though.

Since it was made in 1981 it may have been made by IH however 1981 was the year that Cub Cadet was sold to MTD. The other question comes from your serial number, which appears to be that of a Cadet not a Cub Cadet. In the seventies IH came out with a line of Lawn Tractors as opposed to Garden Tractors, these were called Cadets instead of Cub Cadets, these units serial numbers were different from the Cub Cadets. Late model Cub Cadets have a U in the middle of the serial number while Cadets have a UO in the middle.

To find out exactly what you've got and to order the manuals at the same time I would suggest you contact either Ken Updike at C & G in wisconsin at 1-608-455-2411 or Brenda Cortellesso at Stephen Roy Power Equipt. at 1-401-231-8210. Both of these people are quite knowledgable about Cub Cadets and have the resources to help you out.

Hope this helps.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

By Rick Albert on Friday, July 23, 1999 - 08:42 pm:

Thanks Steve...The only reason I used 383 is thats what is on my hood...which looks new..like someone may have re-done the decals etc. There is a riveted nameplate on the rear under the seat that states the Model 132 383 100....and I do have a 11 hp Briggs made in 1981. I have taken it to 1 Cub Dealer and two other dealers in town and they all say it is I/H.....just trying to find out from the experts...not be ridiculed for not owning one from the 60's. Mine now is painted yellow and white....but it has been re-painted ...that's for sure.
Thanks again,

Rick<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

By Steven Blunier (Sblunier) on Friday, July 23, 1999 - 08:33 pm:

Rick,

Are you sure you do not mean IH CC 382????? Before we go too hard on Rick, the 382 is one of the red RIDING MOWERS (baby brother to the 582,682 etc.) and used an 11hp Briggs with a belt driven hydro. Dad has one sitting in the shed and it's much better built than todays riding JUNK.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

By Rick Albert on Friday, July 23, 1999 - 07:44 pm:

I am so sorry to have bothered you ...I thought I asked a simple and honest question and hoped I would receive a sincere reply. I totally forgot this was an elitist gathering and the condescending tone of the replies I should have expected I guess. Go figure...you always expect the best from people and .......Thanks anyway...<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

By Bryan D. McMeen - 1450 in Barrington, IL - The Keeper of the Holy HyTran (Bmcmeen) on Friday, July 23, 1999 - 06:58 pm:

Rick -

And I can add this much - read the FAQ above and you'll find how to get manuals.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

By Ranger Buck - 1961 Original (Rbuck) on Friday, July 23, 1999 - 06:51 pm:

Rick-
This much I can tell you, you do not have an IH Cub Cadet<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

By Rick Albert on Friday, July 23, 1999 - 03:09 pm:

I recently purchased a Cub Cadet 383 Hydro
Model # 132 383 100 Serial # 0350033uo71914.
Can anyone tell me anything about this model Cub and where can I get an owners manual..Please help...any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks, Rick <!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Steve, it's entirely possible that you had posted earlier, but I posted the earliest one I could find in my archives. It's also entirely possible that there's a gap or gaps in my archive from that era.
dunno.gif

In any case, you've been around here a long time!
happy.gif
greenthumb.gif

Steve, another thought, perhaps you started lurking in 1998 but didn't post until later. I know I lurked a while (short while but a while nonetheless) before I signed up and posted.
happy.gif

All possible occurrences!!!

Rick emailed me often for a long time after that exchange......haven't heard from him in a long time.... he was in FL last I heard.

Steve, last I heard he was battling cancer and not well. Not sure where I heard that but it was a few years ago.
sad.gif

I believe this is Rick with Jim Chabot when Jim went down to visit him circa 2004. Rick is in the red shirt.

319699.jpg

That's him.....super good guy.

Nice seat Digger, now you got me thinking...... I have 2 car seats ....
facepalm.gif

Rick and I made a connection a couple of years ago
We emailed back and forth and then i didnt hear from him
Couple of months later i emailed him and got a responce from a family member that he had passed

Fun to remember the early days of this place. I was glad to find it after inheriting my 100. voyager would crash every time someone would blink and everything was a mess. if you wanted to save something you printed it every day.have not looked for that stuff in a long time.

I have what might seem like a silly question
1a_scratchhead.gif
, but I read somewhere that there no such thing as a stupid question and thinking that incorporates silly as well......
My 1650 hydrostatic drive wont coast and I cannot push it when its speed lever is in neutral. Funny thing is prior to making some adjustments to 'center' F/R lever it was able to, but at the same time when I would start it, it would nudge forward when in neutral, hence made the adjustment. Now I cant roll it around the shop without starting and driving it.
Can someone provide me with some insight on this?

Further, is there a better option of having an internal brake vs disk? Current 1650 has internal but I have a disk hydro-trani as well and wondering which one I should really be working on....

Further to my last post, I went back and performed the brake adjustment from the service manual by first raising one side so one wheel can rotate with the pedal up. I could rotate it but with ALOT of effort. I then depressed pedal and the wheel did lock but just a bit above the brake stop. Tells me maybe the brake plunger is stuck or not backing off all the way when pedal released. So now The main question is which one should I spend time and money fixing for the immediate need... Internal or external system?
Thoughts/preferences anyone?

Jeff B.
My first question to you would be. Do you have manual or automatic relief valves?
Is there a lever on the right side of the tunnel cover or no?

Back