• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 20, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Way to go Kevin! Congrats. Does this mean your weekend cub roaming is increasing or decreasing?

Jim

Just caught up on reading posts. I was gone all last week. I took my mobile computer lab with me and taught computers at the local MDA summer camp. The kids were fantastic and I had a lot of fun. Now it is time to get back to cubbing. I am putting in a drainage tile for my father in law latter this week. I think I will use the moldboard brinly to make my trench. We will be using 3" perf tile so it should work out well. I figure I will just run the brinly through twice and I should have the depth I need.

J

Hi, I'm hopeing some one can post a pic and some details if poss.
I am trying to find a 1962 cub and need to know how many models where made and what distingushing feature I should know when trying to identify one I've located a number of originals but not able to confirm year. Any help would be appreciated thanks Don.

Perhaps it'd be better to stick Richard's post in Charlie's super-FAQ that he's working on.

BTW, is that super-FAQ gonna be "open source"?
lol.gif

As far as Hank's information, methinks we'd need someone's permission before we swipe that
wink.gif

Don B -

You'd go by the serial number - check the FAQ, all the info and pictures you prolly need are in there.

Bryan,
I've pretty much gonna have everything that Richard C. has, as he has said he's gonna help out too, one of these days! grin

And I ain't sayin, hehehe

PTO Friction disk springs:

19731.jpg

Boner,

Congrats!!!!!! <font size="-2">and good luck!!!!</font>

Congrats, Kevin... that means IT STILL WORKS!

As my aging ham-radio buddies say... one day you wake up, someone asks you about something, and you start drawing blanks. Shortly thereafter, you start firing blanks, and then it doesn't matter 'cause forget what it was for...

Ann's looking forward to relief...Our 2nd should arrive in about another 29 days or so... mebbie 10 if she takes a few more laps around the yard with the K301-powered 109 around the yard dragging that 1000lb load of compost on the trailer...

Hello there; Can anyone point me toward a source for the rubber motor mounts on a 1450 tractor? Thanks.

Pat K ,check out the sponsers above. or your local dealer.

(Message edited by rpatton on June 21, 2004)

Thanks Bryan, upon further searches I did find some pics & info but am still wondering if a simple man like I can ID a 1962 visually without ever seeing one. These ones are in a museum so actuly seeing the serial num isn't poss yet,is there not a redeeming feature I can look for. I wish I had grown up with these tractos in the first half of my life but never too late I guess.

Hello guys, found this site and have a question. I have a 1963 model 70 whose original Kohler finally died (kicked a rod, it was pretty neat.) Anyway I am interested in puttin in a 10HP from a 100 or 12HP from a 120. Would this fit? Any mods to do so? Fabrication is not a problem, I have a full shop. If it would fit, could you guys point me in the right direction to find a good used 241 or 301 that I could aquire?

Thanks
Kevin

steve,
i'm glad you posted that pic of the 169 PTO, when my 169's PTO is engaged, the 3 fingers on the brake disc come out and ride up on the pulley casting, making it impossible to disengage without shutting down and aligning the fingers in their slots. any idea why this is happening?

also on the subject of springs, these quick hitch springs have been giving me fits lately, never installed them before. any suggestions on the correct orientation would be appreciated.

19733.jpg

Kevin,

Either will work great.....I would go for the 12hp K-301 if it were me.

Any of the above sponsers listing new/used parts will be able to hook you up with a serviceable engine, or possibly a long-block overhauled one.

My 100 is K-301 powered.....NICE way to go.

BTW, anything bigger (14hp & 16hp) won't work without some extra mods.....and the blocks are harder to find too.

Nate,

Tighten the spring bolts more...to draw the finger deeper into the notches. I set them with the gauge in the kit, then install the brake plate.

Make sure you have the wave washer and the snap ring on the button to keep the plate on tight too.

OK, I have to yeild to Keith's 16hp issues.......my 169 is fine when plowing (short runs, rough ground, pulled down further, etc.) BUT, man....when I mow with it it's rough/harsh!!!! 4 hours of mowing killed a hood hinge, completely tore it out.

Before everybody says 1650/ISO mount, I had this thing in a 1650 frame and it shook the heck out of it too.

How much can be gained by balancing the rotating assembly?????

I'm seriously considering puting this motor in the 128 and putting my fresh 14hp back in the 169 (actually 109) frame.

Dunham.....you had better not be drinkin outa MY pool......

Hauled the 782 V-Rod home tonite from C&G. I installed a CAT 0 3 point, adapter and rear hydraulics (along with a few other "adjustments")...

P.S.A....CC has drastically raised prices of thier manuals. They are now priced by the page count. SO.....The 149 owners book that WAS $3.50 now is $ 12.99.....OUCH!!! Will THIS stop the idiot listing books on ebay???

Latest posts

Back