• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 11, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ken-
I tried it with a little choke, a lot of choke, no choke... couldn't get it to do anything. I'll check the condensor out and see if it is ok. Thanks.

Shawn -- you said the points were still good. Does that mean you "looked" at them or re-checked the gap? I had the points on my K301 get down to .003" and it wouldn't take throttle or a load but idled perfect.

Shawn -- I read your post again and see that you checked the gap again ... mmmmm a 44 magnum right under the intake might work
happy.gif

You've got a hair puller there
sad.gif

Dennis L.
Can you post a picture of where it's broken. Having trouble determiing what is what from your discription. I assume you are talking about the rockshaft in the photo and not the one on the tractor below the steering wheel.

Today is the 50th anniversary of the day I went into the Navy for 4 years. Somehow it just doesn't seem that long ago. To stay in topic, my 682 steering is now working nicely after having been rebuilt according to the FAQ. Thanks guys.

JimE

Shawn-
Given everything you'd done to that machine, I'm wondering if you don't have an ignition switch that's starting to go bad.

Short of a bad coil/condensor or a plug in the fuel system "upstream" of the carb..

This is the 3 point for a 1872/2072. It does differ from the 3 point for a 982, however the rockshaft is the same for both versions.

19560.jpg

Shawn: Try a new spark plug or one that you know works. I have gotten new plugs right out of the box that were bad. Too small of gap on the spark plug will give that symptom also. Sometime ago Don Voght talked about condensers that might not be strong enough to run a Kholer so you might still have a condenser problem even with the new one.

Thanks Kraig and Kweaver, that exactly what I was talking about.This will help me greatly.

Thanks again

Dennis

I think we may have covered it before but what would be a good low cost HVLP paint gun? I see some with different nozzles 1.4mm, 1.6mm and so on. Which is better, gravity feed or siphon? I don't really want to spend a fortune either. I was wondering about this one at Harbor Freight It's cheap, but is it so cheap that it's going to be worse than a rattle can finish?

This one is on sale but has a higher CFM that looks to be in error I don't know of a 1-3hp compressor that could produce 14cfm???????

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on June 14, 2004)

Kraig dear friend , which ever you buy .... buy a name brand ! A Central Pneumatik isn't a name brand , it's junk !
get something better

Remember you get what you pay for. I had a cheapy once and it would dry in the nozzle as I was spraying so I went and bought a $228 Binks #7 and it's as good as new 14 years later.

Ryan-
I think it's basically just the same 3-point as the tractor that you and I know and love, but remember the hitch plate is going to be different since it's not a cast-iron tranny anymore.

Sheez...These silly narrow frame guys, I tell ya....

You can put a cat-o 3 point from a 82 series on a super like a 2072 but there are some holes you need to drill in the frame and the lift bar has to be straightened out some and extended about 5-1\2"

(Message edited by Mmasheris on June 14, 2004)

ART, RYAN - It's amazing what We'll put up with just to have that stylish ZIG-ZAG Front grill isn't it? ;-)

Charlie,
My Dad leaves his tiller gear box on his 1450 all the time. He lengthen the brinly hitch arms and top link 2-2 1/2 inches. All he has to do is remove the hitch. Here is a picture of my Son plowing with Grandpa's tractor:

your_image.gif

Latest posts

Back