• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 11, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wcompton

displayname
Wyatt Compton
Ken-
He's got only 1 now.
happy.gif
Don't remember who bought the one tho.

In the bottoms where the earthen dikes have been broke there's LOTS of dozer work being done. Back when I was doing work at tractor test for Deere out West I thought I had seen it all when I saw scrapers in fields prepping them for irrigation. Now there's scrapers in fields around here getting the 10-15 inches of river sand out of fields. It's not getting any better, river forecast keeps rising for the next week to 10 days.

Frank-
It's building, but it's still only about half what '93 was. A few hundred yards from my front door, Lock & Dam 10, forecasts a peak of 15' or so. It got just over 20' in 1993. Cubs seek higher ground at 29'.
hide.gif

(Message edited by wcompton on June 11, 2004)

Kraig:

Do you have any mounting pictures showing all the hardware and mounting of a 16A Hydraulic pump. Got one and want to put it on my 122.

Thanks
Frank

Frank-
I'm not Kraig, but I bet you want to dig into this sometime this weekend and Kraig won't be "in the house" till Monday, so here's this.
19514.jpg

There's quite a bit more to the manual, so email me if you want the rest of it this weekend...

Pulled the engine out of the 147 last night. I'm certainly glad the IH engineers got better at the task of design as they moved forward into the WF series. I've bought and sold NF Cubs along the way but I've never actually put a wrench to one. Yuck! If the roller wasn't already sold, and if I had a smoke wrench available, I think I would have done a Travis imitation to simplify the work.

Keith

Mark Kornder:
Please post a shot of the entire chassis/engine of your 1450. Also, post a shot of the rear of the frame. Maybe it's a different version of a 3pt lift arm, but it looks to be in upside down.

I'm not quite sure yet, but I'm thinking that you'll need to just slap the 1450's previous owner. One man's opinion... :eek:)

There are different lengths of brake actuator rods. If you can't straighten yours, you'll want to know the overall length before you seek a new one.

Keep it coming.
Keith

Send some of that rain down here to Charlotte so I can shut my lawn irigation off, my water bills are getting as high as gas prices.
At least I'm able to keep it green and get some cub time.

Anybody know what tractor this model ported hydro came out of?

90-1226 CCW
06-87-19-14685

Wyatt:
Dave Kamp bought the entire tractor, less engine, for a combo-project with his Dad's 127.
Sorry, it's already spoken for.
Keith

No big deal, I just figure if I'm "fixing" one 147 frame, two doesn't take much more time.

I got my cub to mow the lawn yesterday, it works great! Only one thing tho, my 1968 125 doesn't charge. Is the regulator bad? How do I tell? It might be expensive just to replace parts. Also the wiring appears to be redone by a previous owner, so they probably messed it up...
sad.gif

I haven't spent much time here for a week or so. I did get to do some Cub stuff on Thursday, June 3, just mowing the combination straw field/yard after a solid week of rain, then using the sweeper to avoid having to bale it. Ended up looking pretty good, but gave it another shot with the sweeper on the next day. Had to make it look pretty. Sue and I got married in the back yard at 3:21 in the afternoon last Saturday. That makes our anniversary date 6-5-4-3:21.
I know, some of you military guys think it's really 15:21, but that doesn't fit in the countdown. We thought about 3:21 in the morning, but pictures would have been tougher. Maybe even scary.
I tried to get her to let the judge use the hood of the 109 (with plow) for a podium during the ceremony, but she wasn't sure that was a good idea. Something about clashing with the color scheme. I thought it would have been a good picture.

Hey everybody, the reason I have not been involved with the cub cadet business this past year is because my interest has been elsewhere, I am getting married at 1:30 today and we are headed to Myrtle Beach tonight, I am still going to be involved with cub cadets and continue to use them and play with them, just not as much as I used to she does not expect me to give up my hobby of these great little tractors, eberybody have a great weekend and I'll see you again at a tractor show in the future. Steve

Keith I have pulled the engine from my 147 in less than 30 minutes. Most of the time spent finding tools. On another note my 70 will not idle unless i jumper from battery plus side to coil plus side. I thought the switch was bad but i put the meter on it and jiggled the key around but didn't lose power. Battery fully charged, rechecked the points. This has less than 20 hours on a rebuild. Thanks Kendal

There go some more Cub funds...

Smoked a power supply last night on my router/server, which took out something on the motherboard. Testing with 2 AGP and 1 PCI video cards, it seems to be related to that.

Anywho, if you need to get a hold of me, [email protected] is the way to do it. My website's down and so is e-mail. Sigh...

Funny how cases WITH power supplies are cheaper than JUST power supplies...

Bryan,

That sucks... Does the thing POST, or is it just dead? I have a friend that had a power suppy smoke (no kidding, brand new out of the box), but it didn't do anything to the board (it was the 12v line that went funky).

At any rate, just to keep things off topic, I would suggest a Antec True Power PS, they cost more but but you get what you pay for when it comes to power supplies.

Matt K. -

Antec and I go way back, so yes, I have an Antec PS in my new Antec case
wink.gif

Since this is nothing but a server that spends 95% of its time in text mode, I found a nice motherboard/CPU/fan combo that will still use my old 512MB of memory for $79.

Shame it'll take til Tuesday to get here...

Downside is that I'm DIRECTLY connected to the 'net now - YIKES!!!

Hey Everybody!

Under serious punishment for the last weekn'a half- I got put up in a Holiday Inn that 'promised' internet service, but they actually lied... so I was totally incommunicado. :-[

I'm back, haven't caught up on anything yet, but did take Nick for a tractor ride this morning.

Wyatt- whadd'ya need? I'll have a fair pile of NF stuff here once the changeover is done, and I'll make 'ya a fantastic deal! :-}

DK :)

Latest posts

Back