Archive through July 13, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just went to the Cadet Connection "BOX" and found some of the info that I need.

Also...are the hydraulic cylinders used for the power angle on a blade still made or do I try and find one that might fit??

Dean

(Message edited by dreinbold on July 14, 2004)

Steve B.
Glad you and your's are all safe!
I saw the photos of the factory this morning on national news and immediately knew it would be very near your places.

(Message edited by jlang on July 14, 2004)

Richard C:

I wonder if it could have been the quality control inspectors badge number or something like that? I have noticed handwritten numbers on the inside of consoles, I have a 108 that says "last one" inside the console.

Steve, Steve and Steve:

Glad to hear that you and yours are all safe and accounted for. Last tornado around here was in 1954, and that's the way I like it!!

Jim C., "last one" what's the serial number on that 108? Is it late in the production run?

Is there any harm in using a drive shaft in an Original that doesn't have the centering stub on the end that connects to the flexible disc? The drive shaft that was in my Original is missing the stub. The drive shaft appears to be a home made/ repaired one and other than the missing centering stub is in good condition.

Hi All!
Amidst tornado news, yet another one has appeared... this one in a much smaller Cub-Lovin' package:

20324.jpg

Weighing in at 8lbs, 2oz, Elizabeth Marie came barging in wide-open-throttle with no governor, and hungry! All went fine, but I'll be really busy for the next 15 years. Next round of excitement: Nick meets his new sister!

Dave K2, CUBgratulations to you and your family!!!!!

Congrats Dave! My older daughter is named Elizabeth too!
happy.gif

Thought you guys might ejoy seeing some of the progress I've made on my shop and new office at home & here's my newly designated roller tractor. It fits the bill well since it has smooth tires and is narrower than the roller.

20336.jpg

20337.jpg

(Message edited by jlang on July 14, 2004)

John, nice looking shop. Very patriotic with the blue Cub parked there. :eek:)

Could someone help. Is a 125 a hydro? On the ihcubedet.com page it has a chart that shows which models are wide frame etc. Looking at the chart in the second grouping I thought the model 125 was not hydro, just the 147.

Are there any models that had a lot of problems. I just missed out buying a 123. Never used a hydro just my model 70. Can someone tell me how operate a hydro cub?
jimmac

Jim-
Hydros are incredibly easy to use. You start the engine, release the brake (if it was set), and push the lever forward to go forward, pull back to go back. Farther forward to go faster forward, farther backward to go faster backwards.

IH Cub Cadet Garden Tractors are tough, and with exception of just a few models, the hydrostatic drives all use the big, heavy cast-iron Cub transaxle, fitted with a Sundstrand hydrostat unit. This unit is more than sufficient for the power of even the big Kohler engines, and as long as you keep clean fluid in 'em, and the gaskets ain't leakin', you'll get perpetual good service out of 'em with very little attention. Only a few models of IHCC garden tractors used other types of transaxles (1100 and one other used a Peerless gear-drive, and one or two models used an Eaton hydrostat). These 'other' transaxles worked okay, but they don't have the super-durability of the IHCC drive.

General rule is, with the exception of the 73, and perhaps one or two others, the IHCC tractors with an ODD number as the last digit signifies hydrostatic drive, while the even number signifies a gear-drive system. The big cast-iron rear-end is the clear giveaway.

OH, and the 1x2/3, 1x4/5, and 1x6/7 are all Narrow Frames, differentiating characteristics include the hood and grille shape, and the rear fenders.

The 1x8/9's are all wide frames, as are the 1xxx's... and later 1xxx's (typically the ones with side-covers) fit the classification of 'QuietLine' tractors. They're technically wide-frames (evidenced by about a 4" 'flare-out' in the frame rails just ahead of the control pedestal). There are subtile differences in QL parts vs previous WF parts, as the QLs ran electric PTO clutches, different brake-pedal levers, different mounting hardware techniques for bodywork, and other little details.

Dave K. -

71 & 73 - not much point to running a hydro with a 7 horse...
wink.gif

And of course, the Quiet Lines - ending in 00 is gear, ending in 50 is hydro.

And I think that the only reason the 147 and 125 are marked "Hydrostatic" in the chart is because those were the only two of the NFs that specifically said "Hydrostatic" on the decals. But I could be wrong - y'all know how much I just LOVE those slant grilles...

Thanks for the hydro information. I can imagine then that instead of my creaper gear on my model 70 to blow snow I would push the hydro lever a little forward and give it throttle to get the blower realy spinning while going slow.
jimmac

Congrats Dave K. She is an angel
angel.gif

Being the first person to see all 4 of mine I can say there realy is no better feeling on earth.....

Has any one out there switched out a manual front clutch for an electric? How hard is it, and is it worth it?

Latest posts

Back