• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 09, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Matt, Art, etc.
I've used the IH white from TSC and had it a shade too dark. Perhaps there is a QC issue...
Blower housing TSC IH WHite, Chute is Eastwood Powder Paint.

88733.jpg

88734.jpg

Scott T.-

Too dark? I think your chute is too white. IH white is supposed to be more beige. It was beige-ish when new, but on 90% of the Cubs out there, it has faded to white. I wish I had a good picture of my 1450 or 1512 in the winter; both had practically unfaded paint that looked very beige in the snow.

Thanx Guys!

Hmmm...Guess I'll try the IH Yellow then. Unfortunately, I cant afford the actual Cub paint, not at $12 ea.
I had bought a couple cans of the correct Cub Yellow and white from the dealer a few years ago, but the Yellow is no good from sitting too long. I still might be able to use the White, though...I'll have to dig it out of the barn.
Back then (about 5yrs ago), it was only $6 a can.
jawdrop.gif

I'll be using the Rustoleum Rusty Metal Primer.

Man, I HATE being poor!...LOL

I agree with Matt, that chute looks too white. The <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> Cub Cadet white was more of a creamy beige-ish white.

Todd, where did you get the Valspar Cub Cadet yellow? Fleet Farm does not carry that, or at least they didn't the last time I checked. The Valspar IH white you are using is the same that I'm using, very close IMO.

Art U., is the Valspar Cub Cadet yellow that Todd posted the Valspar yellow that you found at TSC? If so I may have to check the TSC store that is 20 or so miles away.

I also agree. The chute was an experiment, and is too white. The blower housing, when compared to the gas tank on the cub at the time, was a little darker...
The additional colors from TSC must be a new thing. I sent them an email a year ago or so requesting more colors, maybe this is what became of it... (or maybe it was Eastwood i sent the email to...)

Kraig,
Stop by Fleet Farm today !!!!!!!! They have exactly what Todd posted. I did not know they carried this until just the other day.

It is on Sale for $3.49 this week! Maybe is was $3.69...I know it is $3 something.

Latest posts

Back