• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 06, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charlie-

I'm planning on something along those lines, although I'm not making it quickly removable. I'll check tomorrow to make sure the side panels come on and off, but I don't think it'll be a problem.

Bob-

If the mounting is done properly, the load is spread over the frame and rearend so no damage occurs. My loader was kludged onto a 124. Despite all of the bad things that were done to mount it, as well as the fact that that machine was beat to death (bent-up bucket, and even a bent hydraulic cylinder rod), there was no visible damage to the frame.

Bob P.: my manual for the mower shows it mounted on a 129, and the manual is dated very early in '72. thats odd, i would have thought the unit wouldnt be interchangable between the two, but i guess it is lol

i will get out in the morning to show the back. its a really easy part to make. its basically like a muffler hanger with rubber between the pipe and clamper steel on the drawbar

Justin,
I agree with Jerry - your stack needs to be braced. I haven't personally seen it, but I have heard of instances where a stack will vibrate and causing cracking or the threads stripping out.

MATT G. - I like that loader, self-leveling bucket is a really handy feature. What brand is it? Almost looks like it would fit a compact tractor.

And Charlie's idea of spreading the stress out over longer expanses of the frame is good too. I'm really interested in seeing these two loader projects continue.

I'll have to admit I've never had a desire for a loader on a CC since about the time I saw my first DANCO on a '61/'63 CC when they were both brand new. Skid-steer loaders hadn't been invented yet and Dad had a hog house that the driveway thru the middle was about 70 inches wide with 4X4 posts every six feet along both sides of the drive and about 80 feet long and ALL the cleaning had to be done with shovel & pitchfork and a quarter-scale loader tractor would have been THE perfect tool to clean that thing.

Bob P., here are some images from the 402-E and 402-D manual and a photo from my archives. Thought they might be helpful.

193530.jpg

193531.jpg

193532.jpg

Denny, I'm gonna take a guess that Matt's loader is a Kwik-Way.

KRAIG - That would have been my 1st guess.
thumbsup_old.gif

ALSO, BOB P. - I agree with Paul F, Jim Steele did a LOT of research on those little Haband sickle mowers, even duplicated & sold all the decals if I remember right. That red does look a lot like New Holland red.

Matt S show us a picture if you can, I have not had that problem on either one of my tilling units.

Latest posts

Back