• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 31, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rod-
One thing I've always done is to buy my boots one size larger than my normal shoe size.

220507.jpg

I'm a size 12 shoe, but my Sorels are a 13. Not only does that give extra room if I feel I need to double up my socks, but it also allow me to keep my feet moving inside the boot like Steve S mentions.

i installed a new seat today, bought brand new from the local dealer. its not original seat but then again it wasnt 160 bucks. it came to 78 after taxes. its quite comfortable and makes driving the tractor allot more enjoyable. the seat that came with machine was so bad that it was it was unsafe. i also received the NOS 48 deck that i bought. it is so nice, a 40 year old deck pan that hasnt been used and abused. now i just need to see some pics of your 48" deck pans so i can see how what the wheel are "supposed" to look like. the deck i have now has some "custom job" deck wheels on it. it actually has 4 deck wheels, on on each corner and im pretty sure thats not right. am i going to have to weld wheel brackets to this new pan? im extremely pleased with the deck pan, just have to mount all of the hardware on it, and this tractor will be ready to mow again in the spring. it hasnt mowed a lawn in 5 years.

im also about to be hit with a pretty big snow storm so the qa42 is going to be working overtime soon

<font color="0000ff">Charlie's THE BEST!!!
</font>

220517.gif
220518.gif

Even Fancy loves him!!!
220519.gif

The winds is blowing so what little snow we have is drifting. Won't be bad this morning however the ride home should be "interesting". Everyone be safe today.

Good morning, folks. Helluva day for a birthday. Everyone going out in this, dress warm and be safe. Above all else, watch out for the idiots. I'm hibernating. So I'll be close to the puter all day. Later.

KennyP

David they don't always warn you. I have a 13 fin k341 with a big hole that was running about perfect when it scattered over the lawn.

Thanks for sharing guys ! apparently there is a BIG snow storm coming from down your way up the coast and we will get hit up here later today and overnight . So my snow crew will be ready to get r done. I don`t think it will change to rain so the snow should be good for snow blowers to move. I will have a blast. two days of snow
drool.gif
, I have two extra gallons of gas and diesel ready and the tractors are in the warm shop ready to go.We have been having some cold days here and its nice to have a warm shop to hide in lol.

Morning Denny !

Do you know and Cheap work mechanic $$$ . Send them over lol .I have lots to do here.

I would love to see some Cabs for garden tractors posted ,so I can get some ideas on how to build one for my Diesel. So if you guys have a hard cab on your tractor , please post a picture so I have something to use as a pattern
worthless.gif
thumbsup_old.gif

Morning DON - Heck of a way to start a day... Started putting cloths @ 5:30 on to go out and move the 5 to 5-1/2 inches of snow we got all day & last night. Walked into the shop and the Super H looked "FUNNY". Right rear tire was flat!
1a_scratchhead.gif
It's been LOW for YEARS, just like the left rear tire, but the water stems on the tubes were plugged up and they wouldn't take any air when I tried to air them up 6-8 yrs ago so I ran them that way.

I had to use a small drill bit to open up the water stem with the valve core removed and it took air and held 15 PSI for the hour I used it to rearrange the snow.

ANYHOW, I think it's ready to tackle the next 6-8 inches we're supposed to get tonight.

Biggest problem I have when pushing snow is keeping my hand warm that I hold the steering spinner with. And my left (chutch) foot. I have slid those hand warmers into my left boot & glove to give me some heat when it's REALLY cold. But a heated cab or at least a heat-houser would be better!

My pack boots, not sure what brand they are, they're hand-me-downs from SON and have felt liners plus room enough for at least 2-3 pairs of socks. But I've thought about getting a pair of electric gloves. I have another pair of winter boots DAD gave me 4-5 yrs ago, But he said don't even try to wear them unless it's 20 Below.

Hi,

Well, I tried the smaller snow blower for the narrow frame and it was no good. It just does not go fast enough to throw the snow, clogs up the shoot. Does this happen to everyone using blowers ? Next year I need to get one going instead of relying on the plow all the time. This year we're getting way to much snow to plow or to find a place to put the snow. I'm getting gun shy with trying to use one of my IH blowers because my experience with them isn't that great...unless it's the type of snow that we get here in New England.

Any ideas to make these attachments better?

Paul

Paul Pimentel

I think the answer is the speed up pulley for the blower. CCS sells a replacement and I think that would work for you. The blower will spin much fast and move snow. Have a look at what Charlie has on his site http://www.ccspecialties.org/.

David G., AFAIK the balance gears do NOT give any warning before they go. Do a forum search for balance gear and you should find all sorts of info.

Paul Pimentel,

I would coat the innards and the chute of the thrower with slip-plate to help the snow exit... LPS-3 (spray-wax) works very well, and it is not a dark color. Spray it on while it is dry and let it set up... Also, fabricate a baffle to block the hot air coming off of the Kohler from going through your grille, as it warms the chute... Run the Thrower at full throttle, and don't be scared..... ram the snow into it as fast as you can, as they like to be fed.... Make that Kohler bark!!!

Kenny P Happy Birthday...

Paul P... I had trouble at first with my thrower...I used some slip plate on the chute and insde the auger feed area and it helped dramaticly

David G go ahead and remove them IMHO its not worth chancing them. When I removed mine one set seemed fine and the other set where wobbling inside....

Caution when changinging pullys, you reaslly need to read the FAQ on this subject first..

Scott T excellent tip about the exhaust I have never heard that but will I will be planning that...

Lewis Palma

Well it was when you posted a look what I found. I thought that was a nice looking 123 and saved that picture. Do you still own it ? I would love to know just how many Cubs you have had and own since you started buying lol.
thumbsup_old.gif

I liked this 125 also

Latest posts

Back