• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 31, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dgallagher

displayname
David Gallagher
I have a 169 that I obtained about 2 years ago. I have fixed the PTO,drive shaft and a few other things so that now it runs perfectly. The balance gears do worry me. I want to take them out at some point. Do they give a warning before they go? Thanks.

Just wanted to let the forum know that when Charlie (Digger) saw my welding on the trunion he E-mailed me and said he was going to send me the replacement trunion slot free of charge. I think that deserves a round of applause.
buttrock.gif

Great forum and great sponsors. I've done a lot of business with Chris Westphall also and couldn't be happier with doing so.

Nice order there Don..... should keep you busy.

Anyhow........ use our sponsors. You can get most anything for our Cubs.

greenthumb.gif

Walter, I was just out back and found a 30# weight like those. Forgot I had it. So I have 80#s to put behind the seat. Now for some WW fluid in the 23-10.50's, and my 180#s, I'll be able to get traction.
OH, Everyone can call me Kenny, I haven't been killed.

KennyP

cool.gif

I realize a lot of you deal with snow and bitter cold all winter every winter! Locally, they are calling it the "STORM OF THE CENTURY".Anyway if we get the 18"-20"snow the high wind and bitter cold,it will be the storm of storms.
What do you all do about your hands and feet when you out on your cub cadets and other snow movers? My feet get cold so easy.I have good boots but what kind of socks do ya wear.
I don't always get to spend my time in a plow truck.Last bigger snow sat on a L&G tractor blading walks in front of stores uptown.It was about 5AM,and I about froze.
Thanks, I appreciate this forum and your thoughts.
ROD

Rod S.
I'm the same way with my feet and hands getting cold.
The wife bought me some 2000 gram boots and Ice Armour gloves and for the first time I can go out at 20 below and spend hours without getting cold!

18 to 20"? That's nothin up my way, LOL

Charlie...2000 gram boots? Around here you get arrested for less than 50 grams!
yikes.gif

Those gloves sound like something I would like to get...where do I look for them ??

Charlie,
Guess it's what ya get used too,and I ain't used to this! LOL! Today was the first time ever that I've seen MODOT put chains on the front of their trucks.We have rear chains for our International single axle plow truck,but not for the 3/4 or 1 ton. Might get some decent OT out of it.
ROD

Daniel H the 782 will have no problem with a 52" blade

Rod S, Smart wool socks and Trukks snowmobile boots with the NASA nano tech liners work here in MI for ice fishing and snowmobiling. The wife puts those hand warmers in her Coldwave gloves? Don't know why I paid extra for the heated handlebars? LOL

Mattnot saying the B&S is the best, however mine has run very good. I did pull the motor to fix the oil seal (flywheel side) The motor was cake getting off the tractor as compaired to my 1200. It has no ISO mounts and far smoother than my 1200 or 1250. Its has its weak points as most designs do. Will say it will move the machine and piles of snow great, it is very quite so I call plow at 4:00AM and not piss off the guy next door. So it works good for me.

Richard Tunison
I will be using parts in the am and they will go fast . The 125 will get a new hydro filter and flex disk and put the drive shaft back together. Then on to the steering box and front clips for the quick attachment bracket.This 125 will go faster now thanks to Charlie
greenthumb.gif
Glade I found this site and bought a few Cubs to make my winters go fast.
Shift.gif

Lots of good reading on these manuals.
I hope to see some snow pictures...
See Yah!!
220493.jpg

hooked up the qa36 to the 149 and did a test run, i still have to put on the turning rod
220501.jpg

here are the girls ready to play in the snow 129 and 149
220502.jpg

220503.jpg

I am using the tiller for rear weight and this is how I secured into place. I will be ok as long as I do not have to get to the battery
220504.jpg

Rod, I don't have much trouble with my hands and feet but the secret is to keep your hands and feet dry and keep blood circulating. You need some room in your boots and your gloves for a couple clothing layers or so between your skin and the inside of your boots and gloves. You've got to keep moving, too. Be careful out there.

old.gif

Thanks for all the info guys.Least spring isn't to far away.Steve you and the rest be careful also.Steve did you ever get a cub cadet? If not, your sure welcome to run over some weekend and start getting a feel for what you might like.All of mine are NF-GD,except my 1450.Be a place to start and we would have a blast in the process.
ROD

Latest posts

Back