• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 31, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
220540.jpg

Here's a story with a little irony. I have gone to southern Virginia twice in the last six months to get two 129s. On the way up the first time I spotted an older cub up against a house. I couldn't tell what model it was so I started hoping for a 169. There were no roadside shoulders to speak of so I passed on stopping both trips. Last Sunday I decided to just ride up there (we call this "Sunday driving" down here). I did and guess what it was...another 129. The wonderful news here is this one has hydraulic lift. I talked with the owner and he said he'd take $300 and offered in fact that the engine probably needed going through. After looking at it I just told him it looked closer to $200 worth than $300. He said that would be fine so I went and got her yesterday afternoon. It was only 26 miles away.

220542.jpg

220543.jpg

220544.jpg

220545.jpg

I'm glad it had the 3 pt even though the 1" pin was missing. It even has the two small side covers which are seldom there on finds. All four tires were flat but just on the bottom. I took two front tires with me and changed them before loading. The rears held enough. It will need a complete going through. The hydraulics will probably end up in another 129 that's almost ready to work.

I think it's time to fix up a 129 with a deck and sell it for some cub money.

Paul P.
Single stage snow throwers are really picky, It's a learning curve when you start to use one.
A good rule of thumb after you make your first pass is to take smaller cuts, go slower than you think you should be going and relax.
Heavy wet snow is a PITA no matter what thrower/blower you use.
In deep snow, raise the thrower, cut the top half off, back up and take the lower half.
In dry fluffy 4 to 6" snow, go like a bat outta hell, take full cuts and have a blast doing it.
Slip plate or other graphite paint in the chute and auger flites are a must.

Wayne ,
nice 129,nice to find them close to home...

Don,
I still have the 125 and the 123.
I currently have 20,sold around 50

Paul "P",
Are you belts tight on the thrower?? Are they slipping? Is the engin REALLY running at full speed? SOmething doesn't sound right.

Dennis: Can't help your clutch foot, but I find a mitten on the suicide knob hand keeps it warmest.
happy.gif

Is there a way to get the yellow paint off and the label printing remain? I think I will be peeing in the wind. I'm glad IH had the forethought to stamp these labels.

220548.jpg

FRANK - Can't really use a mitten, but I agree they keep your fingers much warmer. CC steering wheels are pretty much horizontal, or at a small angle. Wheel on my Super H is a scant few degrees from Verticle and is right in my lap! I grip the spinner with the back of my hand facing towards the wheel with the spinner between my index & middle finger.

This morning it was about 15 degrees F, and after 15-20 minutes my fingers were Cold! That's with insulated leather gloves and liners. I don't use the steering wheel much as I carry the frt wheels when pushing snow but it's nice to hold on to. I steer with the brakes. The old FARMALL fits me like a comfortable pair of boots, I've been the primary operator for soon be 43 years. 5-1/2 yrs ago I added my favorite feature, a white Tombstone IH seat, It's the third from the left top row, fold-down arm rests are GREAT! http://www.easybobstractorparts.com/products.php?page=2&category_id=21

I can't afford a 756 FARMALL with the Nuess or German diesel or an 856 but at least I have the fancy optional seat off of one!
ihrotate.gif

WAYNE S. - That question has come up on several other forums I hang around. Sad news is anything that will remove the pairt will also remove the ink or ??? the serial number plate was printed with.

About the best Idea I've heard is to use some sort of solvent that removes the paint with a cloth and rub it vigerously, maybe use some heat from a heat gun or blow dryer to soften it a bit and do it by hand so you remove as little of the black ink as possible.

Thanks Everyone for your ideas ... they're great. This summer I'm going to have to get prepared ahead of time. One thing, I'm hesitant on running the engine that fast. I read that that's what you guys do but I don't want an engine job. My engine has never been reworked and its a great engine ... I don't want to blow it up......

Thanks Again

Latest posts

Back