• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 16, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Matt,Good to know
thumbsup.gif
!! I dont think many of mine have been changed,guess Ill have kock all the rust off!!!Havent done that yet.

I will look closer, a few have a very distinct IH. I do suspect some have been changed over the years. I hadn't thought about the engine bolts, but it makes sense that they would be Kohler bolts, and not have IH. Thanks for the help.

hello guys today i went to my local dealer to pick up a air filter for my 73 and i told him that there was a k241ain it and he said that the 70s came with a 7hp kohler when i bought the tractor from the orginal owner i asked if it was the orriganal motor and he said yea so was this a rare thing or was the po liein to me and i my 73 more like a 100 now?

Lee-
Here is my variation on your theme. My wife says I think too much, so I skipped the hacksaw, chucked the spindle cap in a bench-vice and plunged an angle grinder with a cut-off wheel in from the bottom. (which was facing me as I did it.)

113333.jpg

I would agree if you think that the slot is a bit on the wide side as compared to your hack-saw version, (it's not as wide in person as it looks in the picture) but I do have to compliment you on this method, because even with the same old rusty bolt in there it's as if they are welded together. I'll have to pick up a nice allen-head cap screw sometime this week.

Real nice!!
thumbsup.gif

Morning all , we are getting a little white grass here . weather guesser says 15 to 25 cem today and tonight.Have a guy here that wants to buy my 107 with a snow blade after he saw me push snow with the 54" with the 149.So the 107 with a 42" blade will go to him in a few weeks(tax time). This will add to the Cub D fund and will travel to Maine and NY this spring for parts and a Cub.Have a great cub day all. later Don T
old.gif

Art-

You might want to consider drilling a hole at the termination of that slot so it doesn't try to crack.

Andrew C: The Model 70 & 100 were exactly the same except for the hood decals and engines. The Model 70 came with a K-161-T Pull Start as standard (K-161-S Electric Start Optional) and the Model 100 came with a K-241-S Electric Start standard.

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom
113336.jpg

did the starter generators actually come painted yellow or was that one of those things in the pictures that don't make sense?, like the fact that there is no belt tensioner bolt in the worm gear setup of that 70.

Matt, your eyes win that one. Somtimes it is funny what gets left out of the old pictures. The "mule drive" and belt are there but no means to tighten the belt that day. Someone missed their coffee.

Latest posts

Back