• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 27, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpatchett

displayname
Jim Patchett
Lucas,

NOS tanks are hard to find and $$$$$.

You will likely need to trust a sponsor in their description on a good used tank or try the open net, we have sponsor’s for a reason.

E-bay user “Joes_Outdoor_Power” is good and is always parting something.

Jim.

Terry,

Yes they are, and your point!

Are we going to get overly biased?

Just giving more options than the obvious!

Jim

Jim,
I wasn't clear on what your post's point was when you mentioned sponsors as Lucas already stated he was buying from one. Sorry if I misunderstood your post - you have to forgive this Missouri boy - I like to see things in black and white.

When you guys quit spittin at one another, you got anything Cub to talk about?
lol.gif
taunt.gif

Ya,

My 982 and H-48 (newly referb) has been getting a work-out this month, sorry no pictures, my wife does not get it!

Jim

Dennis, I'd put em on facing backwards too. It's the way I was raised, what I got used to seeing when I was growing up.

SPEAKING of new gas tanks, has anyone else installed one of the new plastic tanks Kohler sells for use on CC's? I got one several years ago for installation on the 72 when I installed the K321. I was "Pressure testing" a brazing repair to a crack on the bottom of the original steel tank and had a small "problem". My brazing had weakened the soldered seams and I blew the tank into three pieces! ANYHOW, it was rusted beyond repair as Lucas is finding out.
I found the threaded neck for the new plastic tank was too high to fit under the hood of the 72, and the included cap was WAY too high. I had to buy a lower profile cap and sand down the neck about 1/2 inch and the tank only clears the underside of the hood about 1/8 inch.

DAVE - Dad's farming operation back in the 60's & 70's, there really wasn't a need to be fussy about tread direction on non-drive wheel tires. They were normally BALD.
clappy.gif
The field work tractors had decent drive tires. The 450 Farmall had brand new GY Super-Torque's on it when Dad got it. And Dad put new Power-Torque GY's on the 4010 before it went to the field the first spring. Everything else had Firestone's except the SH, Dad found a pair of new old stock DAYTON (by Firestone) 23 deg. tires in the correct size for $50/pair @ the local IH dealer that We mounted in about '70. Tractor still wears them today. They handled all the roadwork that tractor got MUCH better than the 45 deg. Firestones it had on it since new.

Well, Charlie, I did have a good Cub day yesterday. To be honest, anytime I have the time to spend a few minutes out in the shed with the Cubs is a good day - I have been spending way too much time doing other things.

Good Morning One and All.
happy.gif

I'm having a front weight bracket made to use on both the 782D or the Keepsake 1650. I'm using part of a wide frame mule drive. I've a couple of questions.

For the steel piece to be welded on that will hold the front weights, what size steel is recommended?

Also, the 782D has the front remotes on it and I'd like to know what a good spacing from the frame to the bracket would be.

Eventually I'll be purchasing the Midwest Super Cub weights. For now I'll just be bolting on some "extra" steel that I have laying around. TIA for your recommendations. Pics will follow of the finished piece.

Marlin - I used 1/4" x 4" for my frt weight bracket for MWSC weights. I then tack welded some 1/4" rod to the front face of that so the weights didn't tear up the paint. I had to grind a bit on the two outside weights but I was able to sqeeze twelve 10# weights onto my bracket.
I ran the 1/4" flat stock all the way back to the shoulder bolts. I had to rip the 1/4" x 4" into 1/4" x 2" for part of the length.
I didn't want the weights too far in front of the tractor so it's close to the grill on the 982. I'm not sure if I could plug into my front ports or not. My hoses have two 90 deg. fittings to run straight back along the tractor frame towards the back. I don't think I'd put the weights far enough forward to plug straight into them from the front. If you want the hoses to run forward I'd put at least one 90 deg. elbow on the quick connect and run the hoses above or below the weights.

Scott Tanner... 149 knucklebuster..

Its raining here all day and no seat time for me. I found a Cab for a tractor on Wednesday and will look at it Monday. guy said it has the soft doors and the rear window has a crack in the glass, The electric wiper works.Now if there was a way to take it off and on quickly I would love that, I will go look at it and see . It will have to be painted as its green . I will have to take my tape measure with me. Have a great day

Dennis F. Thank You!!! All goes well the 782D should be trying out a Cat 0 twelve inch Brinly at Rockford in April. I definitely want to avoid any unplanned wheelies with it. The family that attended their first Plow Day last year is planning on attending again this year. I promised their children they could plow with the "D" or the Keepsake 1650 all they want to. And if anyone else would have a Cub Cadet or any other brand they'd be willing to let Wondi, Eva and their family plow with please e:mail me.

good afternoon all

today was the first good weather day since early last week, so i did some garage work. my 123 with haban mower got its 4th or 5th new headgasket and a good used head from another tractor. i hope this will do it. youll get an update in a day or two if it worked.

another thing i just saw that baffles me is, the drive belt on my '63 CCO is flipped on the engine side. it is riding on edge, while on the clutch it is normal. it has proper tension, i dont know how it could have done this?? the edge is chewed up from this so i need a new one, more fun lol

Marlin-

The diesels are pretty front heavy; I doubt you'll even need that front weight for plowing with it. When I plowed with mine, I had only minimal trouble steering, even with the stock turfs on the front.

Sidney Crosby lives 45 miles for me ! Canada wins GOLD in hockey . wow I`am a happy cubbber
beerchug.gif

sorry.gif

It was a great Game

Latest posts

Back