• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 29, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used my last strap on saturday. Went to Indiana and picked up a 1450. Strapped it down with 2 10,000 lb 2" wide ratchet straps. When I got back to St. Louis 200 miles, one of the two was nearly worn in two. The rub was on a rounded corner. No sharp edges.

That will be the last time I use them. Back to chains and binders. I have never had any problem with chains and binders.

I now have 4 strap binders that are junk. All 10,000lb 2" type with bad wear spots.

Steve:

The ones I worn out after only two loads were the same as the ones from Northern.

Kraig:

Did you get a package yet?

Thanks guys,

Yeah, I'm starting a list as I write this message. The bugger is that quite a few tools were my grandfather's so they had sentimental value to them, something that can't be replaced. The garage sits literally 8 feet off the road, they had to be pretty gutsy to do what they did. I'm not so mad now, but the way they left the Sheriff thought they *might* be back, so that make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Art: Yeah, luckily I'm not living in it yet. It's getting the full treatment next year, full foundation, and then a full renovation. It's been in my family for about 200 years, so it's nice to keep it up, and I can't wait to move in (especially now)!

You guys can keep your rotten ole straps, I'll take steel and coated flat hooks anyday. They don't break and they don't wear into!
14742.jpg

14743.gif

I got E-track already bought for my trailer, and I'm having custom tie downs made. Shoulda done it a little sooner :-(
14745.jpg

Sorry about your little <blink>embarrassment</blink> on I-80 Travis! If you haul stuff long enough those kind of things happen! I bet the troopers have seen it all happen!
happy.gif
Aren't you glad you were clean and didn't get into trouble!

Here's a closer up view of my proposed new shop door.
14747.jpg
See Richard, there is an IH right there above the leaping deer!

One of the things I learned years ago from trailering boats is that tie down straps last longer with a half twist to prevent them from "throbbing" or bouncing at highway speeds. Without the half twist, the wind makes them bounce wildly when the leading edge is positioned flat like an airplane wing. That throbbing causes fast wear if the strap is against any surface, even ones which are not sharp. FWIW

Dave "S",
"Throbbing". Hmmmmm. Interesting term when talking about Cub Cadets!
devil2.gif
eek.gif

(Message edited by thoffman on December 29, 2003)

Tom, yeah, it crossed my mind after posting. I thought throbbing indicated more rapid movement than simple bouncing. At 65 - 70 mph, straps can literally hum they vibrate so fast. I did have a 1450 that throbbed cuz the isomounts were snugged down too much. Vibrated thru the seat into the driver even. ;-)

Charlie -

Guess that's why ya don't have a trailer queen
lol.gif

Dave S. -

An Aeolian harp, huh?
wink.gif

It's amazing what a flapping tarp will do to a paint job, too...

How do you remove the tunnel cover from a 71? I have removed everything but the clutch linkage, clutch, rearend, front axle, and steering column but it won't come off. Is it welded on or something?

Matt G. -

Just flip your TC-113 parts manual open to section C, page 32 and witness the glory of a welded cover, just like all the narrow frames
wink.gif

You'll have to split the tractor if there's something you want to get at easily...

Matt G. -

No, I'm saying it's welded on...
roflol.gif

Happy Holidays folks.
I got my Red Power today and found this.
Plow Day at Travis's place.
14749.jpg

Kraig,
I sent you a higher resolution scan.

Matt, Bryan,
I believe that they are spot welded at that.
happy.gif
The only way the cover is comming of is the Schweizer way
lazerburn.gif

Tedd -

No, only your 100's are Spot welded
lol.gif

OK, OK, I'll knock off the sugar...

Actually, I think Dan has removed EVERY cover and of course, nobody can ever tell he did...

Latest posts

Back