• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 19, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KRAIG - Just kiddin' about the Stone Boat. They have them in Illinois. The first couple years I went to the tractor pull at the Henry County Fair in Cambridge, IL they used a really BIG stone boat for the pulling sled. Big enough to get two BIG farm tractors like 1206's, etc onto. Then there were men standing on each side of the 300 ft track every ten feet that jumped onto the sled as it ran by. They eventually got the tractors slowed & stopped. I remember one night a Minny Mo. G1000 LPG with a turbo must have run in road gear, guys were almost falling off the stone boat.

I suppose BIG Steve & Steve B could have hooked a chain to the Plow Special and carried it out of the field hanging from the bucket of a loader.

BIG Steve & Steve B gave me full access to their shop, tools, & parts to try to replace the sheared roll pin in my 72 so I could plow at that PD. I thought that was REALLY great of them with everything else they had going on. They managed to check back on Son & I every 15-20 minutes too. I had just too much "Stuff" like my countershaft brake, lift links for my sleeve hitch, fenders, etc all in the way. And I couldn't get the broken pin lined up to pound the pieces out so towed the 72 back to the trailer before the opening ceremony. I raised the frt of the 72 up so the tractor was almost verticle with a loader the next day and had it fixed in an hour and back together.

Back when Dad was farming, he built hog house skids or sleds. The last one was made from two 24 ft long 6X8 pressure treated timbers, he put steel wear runners under those timbers, 2X6 & 2X8 decking, with 2-1/2" dia pipe separating the timbers and big 3/8" chain from each timber to move those cute little hog houses from field to field. His old one was only 16 or 20 ft long. Think we could wiggle those hog houses around and get seven or eight of them on that big sled. It was about ALL the Super H wanted to pull. I remember using the 450 one day when the ground was a little wet & muddy. Few places it spun out!

CHARLIE - Now WHY did Frank get the first Drink Coasters? Luck of the Draw?

Charlie,
whats special about those two cups (<font size="-2">besides cub cadet being on them</font>)
1a_scratchhead.gif

Charlie, the mini-tractors on the shelf look like they may be different models...? Hard to tell from the pix. Where did you get them?

I see a 128,QL1200,582,127,O,682,782,100,1450 am I close charlie?

I just pick'um here and there.
I'm not a hardcore collector like a lot are.
I'm not much for paying what I can buy a real Cub for!
I've seen NIB Cubs go for 4 or 500.00, LOL
213498.jpg

Steve B. has got a huge collection. He's posted pictures many times over the years.

Back when Big Steve and a friend at work played around with stock GT pulling, he made that sled. we had good intentions of using it that year, but given the MUD, the only ride it gave was to Art's "Plow Special".......Kraig is right, the sheer terror in Art's face when Big Steve hit the coordless impact trigger was worth all the work of the whole weekend!!!!!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

BTW, That plow day SHOULD have been called off....BUT, my early rising grandfather beat me to the farm Friday morning and dumped 1/2" of rain out of the gauge. When I got there later in the morning and saw "only" 1/2" in the gauge I figured we'd be good....little did I know it was really a full inch...and for those who have plowed our IL black ground, you know that 1" on the top makes for a virtual skating rink!!!!! Oh well, we all had a good time anyway (don't we always????
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
)

The next Plow day Jim D. brought down his sled and we all had some fun with it, including a hook on a TO-20 Fergusson.

Plow Day is right around the corner...the beans have turned and the corn is getting picked....14-17% right out of the field......this fall couldn't possibly be any more opposite than last fall!!!!

Spent some quality time on the 1872 w/loader this afternoon, spreading 8.5 tons of CA-6 for some more parking spaces for the trailers....good time!!!!

Back