• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 19, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
coffee.gif
lurking.gif

New Profile picture mosaic

coffee.gif
lurking.gif
greenthumb.gif

new blades arrived today ! thanks Charlie

I do support our sponsors and this site , so should all that use it for there Cub Cadet needs.
old.gif

Morning mister T

morning guys. have been busy with the gf this weekend so i didnt get much cub time in. on friday i did get a few minutes to look at the engine from the 107. It had alot of carbon and oil buildup on the head and piston so i started to clean up the piston and noticed one side of it had burn marks on it. so im thinking the rings got stuck in one postion and the oil got up to the "firing chamber". The cylinder wall and piston are not scored or wore hardly at all. but the intake vavle is bent. So im going to replace the valve, get a new rod and rings and throw it all back togther. thats all i have to report for today
coffee.gif

Charlie, I may have some video of Travis towing your 1450 with his ATV. I'll have to look at the whole Plow Day 6 video to find it.
213456.gif
I do, however, have some photos to post.

213457.jpg

213458.jpg

213459.jpg

Dan
My local auto paint supplier matched up my 122 paint. I took in a part that had not seen the "light of day"(bottom of seat pan that contacts the frame) and he matched it up perfectly. Now the formula is logged into his computer and I can get the correct color any time I need it. Just a suggestion. This is a great site to get help and remember to post photos when your done.

Dan, you can have the seat reupholstered. It'll end up having a seam in it however. Here's some photos of one that I had reupholstered. I kind of like the look of the seam. Note the blue edging is NLA so hopefully you kept that from the old one for the upholstery shop to reuse.

213461.jpg

213462.jpg

Kevin, Mike, Matt, Donald (in reverse order) thanks. I'll check the yellow pages and see what is nearby in the way of automotive paint stores. I know of a store 35 miles from here, must be one closer. There is a guy who does good car upolstering nearby. And I DO have at least one of the blue rings around!

There are 3 122's out back, under cover, all have problems. The one that the tree fell on is in the best shape! I had already done the head replacement mod, and it has a lot of new parts including all new electrical and a rebuilt S/G. So that will be my "client" and the others will be "doners" for the transplant proceedure(s). Maybe I'll get two tractors out of this...

This list has been very helpful to me over the past 10 years or so, as I rebuilt the "victim" 122, prior to the tree falling on it. Here is my last set of posts, 3/4 of the way down the page or so:
https://www.ihcubcadet.com/forum/messages/106/30576.html

Thanks for all your help....

Craig? Krag? Kraag? Kraygue? I got a head cold, the synapses ain't firing. You were actually one of the few names that I thought that I remembered...Kelvin?

Scott, nice new profile picture collection. I noted you had a siclebar assy. Did you see the inquiry from one of our members on the weekend about a Haban unit?? Seems he found a bunch of info...but may still need more assistance.

Allen.
The sickle bar I have is from a David Bradley or Planet-like machine, My dad had it set up for the rear 3-point at one time... one of these days I need to go through it... It sat buried in mud in the hedgerow for 30 years, as you can see by the mud-line...

213468.jpg

213469.jpg

213470.jpg

KRAIG - I know how Charlie feels getting pulled off the field at a PD. Forget what number it was but was nicknamed "The MUD BOWL" at Steve B's, think it was in the Fall of 2003? I had both the 982 & 72 and Wyatt loaned me an extra plow. First round, about half way back from the far end of the field my land wheel rode up on a big pile of bean straw, spun a bit, then hit solid ground and sheared a roll pin in the driveshaft of the 72.

At least Son pulled me off of the field with the 982 at a reasonable speed! Someone with a green cap or jacket DID get a picture of me being towed before We got off the field.

I've pulled my 982 a couple times since it has the automatic dump valves, but I always go as s-l-o-w as I can. I guess that's one of the reasons I HATE my ONAN in that tractor.

FRANK C. - I'm curious too..... Do You want to know what those things are? How big are they?

RICHARD T. - re: pulley grooves in your 147's frt axle casting. I would NOT recommend welding those grooves, unless the welder really knows what he's doing welding CI. If you want to cover them up for paint use Bondo or something.
Welding cast gray iron requires pre-heating the whole axle to 300-400 deg. F, welding a little bit, then peening the weld, welding some more and peening some more. Then the whole axle has to be slowly cooled. I know the correct process but I've NEVER welded cast iron, the high nickel content rod is WAY too expensive to practice with. If the pre & post heat isn't done, along with the short welds and peening, the localized heat effected zone cracks the CI next to the weld bead and actually makes the axle weaker.

Dennis: Yup! 3" diameter. 1/2" high/deep. Rubber(y).
happy.gif

Denny, that would be Plow Day 4, fall of 2002. Art's Plow Special made it's debut there. Art had just finished building the Plow Special and due to a C clip on the right rear axle that decided to come off, the Plow Special had to be towed off the field on a sheet metal stone boat. I had the camera but seeing that Art gave me a ride down, I decided to not take any photos. It's a loooooooong walk back to Wisconsin from Roanoke...
icon_eek.gif

Here's a photo of Wyatt's 169 at PD4 to illustrate the mud. That was some sticky soil, my boots weighed about 10 lbs each after walking around in the field taking video and photos.

213475.jpg

Frank, they look like the end caps they put on pipe to protect from sharp edges and/or to protect the threads.
dunno.gif

KRAIG - I was close to the right year. Wyatt's poor 169. Also, PLEEZE don't post a pic of SON & I on the 982 plowing. I was NOT following Safety regulations at all. But if I didn't "Hitch a ride" SON would have never let ME plow with the 982.

Just happened to think. Why would BIG Steve & Steve B have a "Stone Boat"? There's NO rocks in central IL.

And I could have given you a ride back to the truck stop on the north side of Madison. You'd have probably beat Art home that way.

Funny but true story. Back in the 1960's, My Cousin was in the HS band. On a road trip.... Probably to Band Camp... The buses left when he was stil in the bathroom. He hitched a ride from around Ottawa, IL. back to Geneseo, IL with a livestock trucker He knew and they actually passed & beat the buses to the drop-off point to pickup his instrument.

Charlie, ah!
lol.gif

Denny, well maybe it wasn't a stone boat, but IIRC it was a piece of sheet metal with a length of chain or cable attached for towing with that Steve B. and Art and ? placed the Plow Special on for a ride to the shop. I should have taken a video of Big Steve itching with his impact wrench to get at the freshly painted bolts on the Plow Special. I thought Art was gonna have a heart attack at the thought of scratches on his fresh paint.
roflol.gif

Back