• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 27, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don T.
I convinced my wife years ago that I had to have one tractor for every implement or attachment. Funny thing is, she believed me, LOL

well it seems to act as if the starter/generator is not kicking over fast enough is there a way to bypass or add extra current to crank it over all wires are checked and grounded as well as new spark plug and gas and battery

I've been wondering if there is anything I could do to get my 1200 to shift smoother. Sometimes it slides into gear smoothly and sometimes it jams/sticks when trying to shift into 2nd or 3rd. I can't remember reverse or 1st ever jamming/sticking

Phillip Michael Fogg

Have you tryed to use jumper cables on the starter gen to see how it spins ??? Some are slower and some spin faster. I would get it running and tuned to see what is needed .

Clark Miracle
that problem with could be just some rust on the clutch face.Put the Cub against something and using each gear .slip the clutch. Let things cool down . I bet that issue will be over,unless you have a lot of wear in the release rod(bearing).
My .02

Philip M.F. ...Pull the plug and see how fast it spins. Could be that Auto Compression Release is not functioning. That has show up a couple times in the last year.
P.S. ...Do the jumper cable test first as Don suggested.

can someone tell me the exact spark plug that goes into 1650 16hp kohler

i believe it calls for a h10c - but i pulled out a j8c have no idea why this was there - i just picked this tractor up

i do not want install wrong plug

Clark, I would venture a guess that you have a shift fork that is broke on your 2nd 3rd slide rail. past experience with mine is where the fork roll bends over the shift rod and where the bolt goes through has separated off the top of the fork, a dis-assembly might be in the works to get the fork out to replace or repair,

So I had a minute to photo my year-rounbd workhorse cub cadet 125 for group posting...

233852.jpg

and noticed my tie-rode is bent and the left wheel has a definite LEAN!

233853.jpg

Went to look at the parts 123 cub and DerNiT, it doesn't have a tie-rod on it. I'll need to take care of this sooner than later... Any suggestions on replacement or fix? All comments welcome,
Dan in WI

Kraig, I just saw your comment "The headlights won't directly mount into the 125 grill as the mounting plate is different"... I'm going to mount the 123 front grill with the headlight mountings onto my 125 frame. Will this work or am I heading for problems? danWI

Latest posts

Back