• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 27, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My son just uploaded the video of our CD-1 post hole digger here. (I haven’t the computer expertise or speed to do that so I’m at his mercy.) The video was a recording of only the second hole that I’d dug with the digger. We left a lot of dirt in the hole because I wanted to keep the video short and didn’t raise the auger as many times as I should to get a “cleaner” hole. I’ve dug three more holes since the video and gotten a lot better at making a cleaner hole as well as operating the controls. Also, we’re in a severe drought here so the ground is really, really hard. I was well pleased with the way the digger worked especially on a 7 hp Cub Cadet.

Really cool video. Its a shame that attachment didn't catch on a little more and be a touch more common.

cool post hole digger video. I love those danuser diggers, dad has one that he uses on his H. One thing he told me when using it is to remember to keep lifting it out (like you were) and to not get carried off with it screwing into the ground too far as you'll be backing it out by hand.

Thanks for the videos Paul! Those are some fun "toys" to watch! Maybe I'll come bother you someday at the annual show and get to see'em in person!

PAUL - One thing I noticed, that yes, you are correct, digging post holes in wetter ground helps stop the loose dry powdery dirt from falling back in. And more auger RPM helps too, throws the dirt farther away from the hole. But since your HP limited, only 7 HP you may not have that much more RPM to use.

Dad had a Continental post hole digger back when he farmed, looked similar to this one,https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDetail.asp?ahid=1761&aid=41855&lid=11269426# which was converted to mount on a 3-pt hitch, Dad's just bolted to the horse-shoe drawbar on the old '39 H and Super H. Two ropes ran it, one to release the latch and let it down to dig, and another rope to engage a dog-type clutch to wind up a 5/16" steel cable to raise it. It originally had a 10-12 inch auger on it, then Dad put a 15-16 inch auger on it. That made the Super H bark in hard dry ground! We never ran it much above half-throttle, but I think wide open it would have run 200-250 RPM on the auger. And when you raised it, you had to slow the engine, and ease the clutch out so the gearbox portion of the digger didn't go into orbit. Dad & I built a LOT of fence using that thing. Think it brought $5-$10 on his last suction. Nobody knew what it was!

Nick, Kraig, Wayne, Andrew, David, Ron - Wow guys, thanks for all the quick responses and info. I've got some things to check out. I'll report back results soon.
happy.gif

I'm sure everyone is aware of the heat-- well here in SE MI we are struggling for rain right along with the heat. Crops are hurting, bad. It is also bad for a guy with a new tractor that the grass is burning and not growing. We are hoping for a soaker soon.

Donald ,yes you can still buy the steel gears ,pullingtractor .com sales them ,.i was lucky i found them on three of the cubs i had

Dan "G",
I hear you on the rain <font size="-2">(Or should I say lack of said rain)</font> Cracked the 100 degree mark today. 8-(

Latest posts

Back