Archive through December 22, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John Boelens

That picture in the shadows does not show the big grin on your face, I bet you had.I find I have to grin ,when I get a Cub together and run it. Nothing like a plan that comes together to cause a big grin .

Might hit the shop myself ,to install the 450 on my diesel ,just so if we soon get some snow to move I will be ready .Good thing about grinning this time of year is no bugs to eat lol.

Good morning, All. Right now it is -2* with wind chill down to -21*. Even Fancy had his kitty Carharts on when the two of us went to get the paper at Caseys. Angel got some pics and hopefully will get them posted. I know the snow needs to be moved however right now I wish that I had an IH 84 Hydro with factory cab and loader rather than an open Cub Cadet.

Marty E. Definitely use a rust inhibitor and don't be afraid to use an E-Z out to remove those pto set screws. That is what I've used over the years and the screw tends to come out a lot eaiser if the inside of the screw is stripped.

Stay warm and safe everyone!!!

Marty E., which of the parts in the drawing below are you missing?

265832.jpg

David Schwandt - what do you use to angle the exhaust away from the blade? I have a 1650 and 1250 with blades on the front.

I just picked up a front blade for my 1250 - a 54" blade! Nice Surprise, I waited 3-4 years for a friend to finally being it home from their family farm. I put it on my 1250 and its HUGE.

I just mitered the ends of a couple pieces of 1-1/4" EMT and tacked them together last summer. Problem was, I never gave using the blade a thought when I put it on and it was to darned cold yesterday to mess with it outside! I jus need to get in behind the grill and loosen the clamp enough to turn it up and away from the blade some.

So I was out shopping today for Xmas and I went by the Cub Cadet dealership and seen Santa driving an old IH cub 100 . It was completely restored and was really nice. I had to stop to go see Santa,and got to sit on his lap. He asked me what I wanted for Xmas and I told him the CC he rode in on....he told me no way but could offer me a Red Ryder BB gun....I laughed,mostly because I knew the Santa and we were just joking about the movie Xmas Story the day before. I didnt know he had an older cub so we shared some old CC stories. He did say though now he knew why he liked me so well,I have only the best IH Cub Cadets
happy.gif

Latest posts

Back