• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through December 22, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dfrisk

displayname
Dennis Frisk
MATT - Stock narrow rear tires were 6-12 GY turf tires, optional were 23-8.50 X 12 GY turf tires on rear. Stock narrow fronts were 4.00/4.80 X 8 GY's, wide fronts were 16-6.50 X 8 GY's.

Painting looks good. Is that IH/Cub Cadet Federal yellow? Some say they have problems getting it to cover but that looks like it covers real well.

Windbreaker cab troubles

Fired up my 122 ,dropped the QA42 and blew through my driveway covered with 8 inches of fresh snow. All from the comfort of my windbreaker cab. Just as I was about to park it in the garage for the next storm, CRASH! some snot nose kid throws a snow ball and breaks the windshield.
Does anyone know where I can get a replacement ?
Is it just plexiglass ?

Dennis, thanks for the tire info and no, it's not IH brand, it's valspar, raddle can from TSC it just says cub cadet yellow on the can, it looks like a perfect match to me, but i havent seen any of the parts i've painted in the sunlight yet, so we'll see, also, after i do the frame and tower, ill bet you'll be able to tell if its the same or not

Ken...If it were me, the best place to get a replacement would be his parents
bottom.gif
err.gif

Let them take a sample and a measurement to find a stable replacement.

Matt - I've seen a CC 107 repainted with JD Construction yellow paint. That tractor looked pretty sharp. Some people on the RPM forum were discussing paints several months ago....Even JD's version of IHC 2150 red is supposed to be real good.
Valspar used to make paint for FARMALL when I used to order it.

Speaking of JD, My Buddy just called, He priced a new starter for an 18 HP ONAN engine like a JD 318 would have, Was either $609 or $619 for just a starter. New flywheel & ring gear was over $500. So We shouldn't complain too bad about Our Cubbie's S/G's.
greenthumb.gif

Matt, I used the TSC's rattle can cub cadet yellow and their IH white when I painted my 128. A guy that works at the parts store next to my work gave me 5 cans of IH/Case #905 white. I am in the process of using the 905 on my 42 blade. I have not had the chance to compare the two whites side byside.

nope, no more complaining around here! we IH cub cadet owners have it good in choice of tractors!

Okay Kraig, I had to ask my daughter and she didn't know what it means........IMO?....FWIW......YMMV..... I'm lost. Any help for an old 35 year old??????? Nick}
dunno.gif

Vince-
No, I'm not careful with the chains at all. With a driveway that's 105yrds long, and uphill all the way I could care less if it has a scratch or two. 'Course, that's why I have a 50' long stripe up the driveway from spinnin' the right-side rear tire as I went with a moldboard full of wet heavy stuff a few years back. I won't (purposely) sit there and spin the chains, but sometime if you get a heavy snow, it will slip slightly as you go along during "blade-duty".

My head said, "Stop! You're scratching the driveway!" but the Kohler talked louder saying, "Arrgh! Give us more boss! We can take it!!!!"
Shift.gif

<font size="-2">I do take it easy on the concrete up by the house though.....</font>
whistling.gif

Nick-
IMO = In my (humble) opinion
FWIW = For what it's worth
YMMV = Your mileage may vary

<font size="-2">I'll let Kraig explain the "Yadda, yadda, yadda" part...</font>
biggrin.gif

Todd did the IH white come from TSC as well? (im looking for a good white!)

Ron Schmitt
Thanks for your time,the neighbor has a growler,guess I will take them over to have them checked out!!What in the world is a growler anyway???Guess I can look it up,I do remember when reading through some info about SG'S the term,but cant rember what it was refering to!

I took the generator apart to check the differences and Ill tell you it took me a while to notice them!
this is the armatures they look realy close besides the shield on the one that is the generator.and the "grooves"are deeper in the sg armatures.the windings are the same size,but wound a bit different in all three armatures.
111864.jpg

this is the SG there are a whole lot of differences in here compared to the generator. the terminal closest to the top of the pic is the A terminal.
111865.jpg

this is the generator.the terminal on the left is the F terminal,notice how much smaller the wire is.and on the other terminal "NOT" labled A,but in the A position notice how there are no wires off the other side of the clips?? that hold the brushes.complete different animal!
111866.jpg

here is a closer pic of the small wire
111867.jpg

and the larger wire off the "F" terminal on the SG.The A terminal has a large wire also, the generator does also its just routed a bit different.
111868.jpg

Again thanks for your time Ron.the bearings are really good in the generator as are the brushes,maybe Ill transfer them to the SG.There is just something about trying to use a part that looks so cooked that bothers me!!Come summer time when work picks up Ill buy a couple SG'S from charlie.I will however take the old ones to the neighbor to have them checked out by him,I dont belive I want to wait till summer to drive the cub!!
Jason

Matt, yes. I can get the valspar part # tomorrow if you need it and my fever doesn't come back. So I can actually go to work...

Todd that would be awsome, but only if ur feaver doesnt come back, wouldnt want to put a fellow cubber out of comission!

Ok, I'm stumped....

I'm trying to figure out what belt I need to attach my IH #1A tiller to my 782D. (I've already obtained the proper pulley for the gearbox) My attachment guide shows that I need an IH-106819-C1 belt, but Charlie's FAQ shows a WM-64852, which is 5/8 x 162 15/16". Is that IH number equivalent to this belt? I'm assuming that's the correct length based on my serial number and the fact that my tractor has the Cat 0 hitch. This making sense to anyone?

Matt: Saw your question about the Valspar paint i had some in the shop so here's the TSC Numbers. The Valspar paint refers to the IH white as Cub Beige.
111873.jpg

111874.jpg

111875.jpg

Nick, your an "old 35 year old", Hmmm, I guess I'm a young 47 year old....
dunno.gif
happy.gif

BTW (umm, BTW= By The Way), if you type \ ch{disclaimer} without the space between the \ and the ch{disclaimer} you'll get this:

<FONT SIZE="-2">IMO, FWIW, YMMV, My $0.02, Yada, Yada, Yada...</FONT>

happy.gif

Latest posts

Back