• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 29, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
greenthumb.gif

Alright Dave you got me. Rectifier. I checked mine by swapping for a good one on another machine. Don't know how to check otherwise.
bottom.gif

Charlie,
Speaking of throttle knobs and such, I've been looking for a knob for mine.
I checked CCSpecialties and couldn't find the part number I was looking for.
I think it takes part number 720-0166.(Yes, this is somewhat off topic, but we are talking throttle knobs right? )
err.gif
bottom.gif

Is there just a knob available for this style of throttle lever?
320767.jpg

This past Sunday Marty had posted about something he noticed in his 70/100 Operator's Manual regarding the 23x8.5-12 tire stating it was for use on the 100 only. I did a little research and found another mention of it only for use on the 100 in a 1965 price list. It appears that the wide tires first became available in 1965 as there is no mention of them in the 1964 price list. Marty's Op. Manual is a later revision than the one we have on the forum manual page. Here's his version as well as the page where it mention the wider tire for use with the 100 only.

320769.jpg

320770.jpg

I posted the Operator's Manual revision that we have on the forum this past Tuesday, see post at the bottom of this page.

I'll post some of the info that I found as soon as I get a chance.

I did a little searching in my archives and I have at least two versions of the 70/100 brochure. One has no photos of, nor mention of the 23x8.5-12 tires the other one shows them on the 70 and 100 in a photo or two and lists them as optional but does not restrict them to the 100. One brochure is listed as an R1 revision the other is listed as P which likely stands for proof or preliminary. It's the R1 version that has the larger tires shown and listed. Also the P version shows the older acorn nut on the steering wheel of both the 70 and 100 while the R1 version show the 100 with the center cap. Here's some info from the brochures starting with the "P" version:

320772.jpg

320773.jpg

320774.jpg

Here's the info from the "R1" version:

320775.jpg

320776.jpg

320777.jpg

In a 1965 price list it also list 100 only for the optional larger tires. The larger tires are not listed as even being an optional item in any of the pre 1965 documents. In 1965 the larger tires show up as optional. Perhaps they initially thought the larger tires would reduce the performance of the 70.
dunno.gif

Here's the 1964 price list excerpts (Yes I know it has a 1963 copyright and revision date on it):

320784.jpg

320785.jpg

Here's the 1965 price list excerpts:

320786.jpg

320787.jpg

And as a bonus I found this:

320789.jpg

Note that it has the "P" revision.
1a_scratchhead.gif

Hello everybody. I need to replace the left most spindle bearing on one of my 100 pin on mower decks. I have a new bearing. Does the old rayce need to be removed and replaced as well? I'm also wondering about the need to replace oil seal(s) and other parts, and the proper sequence for installing them. Thanks!

Steve S., I've never replaced one so don't know for sure. Do you have the service manual? If not, the service manual for the 1x2/3 series covers that deck. Click HERE and scroll down to page 85. It doesn't specifically answer your question but it might be helpful.

Back