• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 29, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
Marty, can you post the page (page 17) from the 70/100 Operator's Manual, where you saw the tire pressure info. The version that we have on line does not appear to have that info. Also please, if you can, post the document number and revision info as found on the back page. It should look like this (which is the version we have here on the forum):

320740.jpg

EDIT: Note that the 6-12 rear tires would have been the stock tires for both the 70 and the 100. The 23 x 8.5-12 would have been optional for both the 70 and the 100.

Going through some NOS stuff today and found something really interesting!
I find it odd that the NOS is so much thinner than what we buy today.
320751.jpg

320752.jpg

OK, So call me crazy, I bought a Cadet 60. Only a few cracks, none too big. Looks like it's all there, except a seat, recoil starter and battery. Once I cleaned the bird crap off it, looks pretty good. Motor isn't seized. Definitely needs tires and battery, seat and wheel bearings for starters. Hoping to get some help from you old hands on restoring this little guy- where to find a parts manual, and of course, parts.
320760.jpg

Jonathan,

Welcome to the forum!
WELCOME.gif

You have come to the right place. Scroll down the main page to manuals, then click on manuals again, then click on service manuals. I believe there is a 60 service manual there.

At the top right is CCSpecialties, just click on the icon. He can probably get you what parts you need, maybe even a decal set!

Nice little mower you have there!
thumbsup.gif

Is it just me or does the words “float buttons” sound dirty LOL

If I had a metal detector, there's two or three float buttons someplace in my yard.. Don't need 'em anymore..

Hi. I Just picked up a 1450 that's been restored nicely. I believe it's a '75. It has a couple of problems and I wonder if they could be related. First off it's not charging. It had a dead battery when I bought it, which probably should have been a clue. It never shows charge on the amp meter and it definitely drains the battery. The second and worse problem is it just stops. It'll start fine, run for a few minutes and then dies like I turned off the switch. At first it would run for 10 or 20 minutes, but now it's doing it every minute or so. I've checked the ground on the battery, and added some Marvel's Mystery Oil. Any suggestions? Thank you!

Jonathan W., WELCOME!
groupwave.gif
WELCOME.gif

There are a couple of threads on the Model 60 in the IH Cadet Lawn Tractor area of the forum that you might find helpful or at least interesting. Here are some links:

Model 60 #1

Model 60 #2

John D., WELCOME!
groupwave.gif
WELCOME.gif

Could be a failing condenser causing it to die after a few minutes. The no charging could be a bad connection to/from the voltage regulator. Here's a schematic that might be helpful. Also some links to the Operator's Manual and Service Manual.

320762.jpg

Hey Charlie...
What, if anything, is supposed to hold the throttle control knobby on??

Seems to me there should be some kind of clip or something inside of it to secure it from just falling off??

John D. The voltage regulator is on the engine. Unfortunately it sounds like it failed. Also Kraig is right on the condenser I believe.

Jonathan W. Nice little 60 there

John D.
So much for a restoration, huh?!

It's a rectifier
It's the little aluminum finned thingy that looks like it has a plastic coating on it and has a 3 prong plug in terminal that lives on the right side of the blower housing.
Unplug it, take it off (2 bolts) and be sure the terminals are clean, bright and tight and the fins (they are on the inside of the blower housing) are not plugged w/crap. .
Therein may lie the problem. If not, you will have to dig deeper.
I have seen these w/the plug in terminal melted and the terminal themselves burned and corroded due to high resistance from dirt and corrosion.
Good luck!

David S.
Those knobs are supposed to have a little ledge in the inside that the metal passes over and catches it so the knob doesn't come off. Then when you take them off once, it rips that ledge out and the knob is loose.

2 brand new ones, both fall right off!!

Guess it's tome for a little dab of body putty, huh??!!

Or do I need to lightly smack 'em with a rubber mallet maybe t seat them?

I just looked and seen that you didn't buy'um from me, so they gotta be junk, LOL

Anyway, unless the handle is this design, all bets are off. I do know that the handle configuration has changed no less than 3 times in the last 10 years.

I'm sure it's another one of those, It's supposed to fit on paper things that doesn't work in the real world.
1a_scratchhead.gif

Back