• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 02, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wyatt! What is tha green thing your wife likes so much!
wink.gif

travis

i never even thought to measure to spindles that are on the tractor. That makes sense though because it does seem pretty heavy in the front. That and the fact that i had the brainstorm this sping to widen the plow quite a bit which made the thing twice as heavy.

Also i have another question. Does a 982 have bigger tie rod ends? Because the ones on the tractor don't seem to be holding up so well. If i attempt this loader project it will make this problem even worse so I was wondering if it is possible to upgrade to heavier ones without allot of hassle?

Craig D

I looked at your pictures and said i know where that is but then looked again and said no I don't. The question becomes where are they i lived in Cobleskill for almost 4 years so I may have driven right past that spot at one time or another.....

Joe

(Message edited by jmotuzick on December 03, 2003)

Kraig Mc ,was your match box snow track red? I have one also but I have two little boys ,they prety much scarfed up all my matchbox cars ,I still have all my 60s and 70s vintage ertle tractors and trucks packed away. since my Dad worked at an I.H. dealer and I was an only son I had one of everything.

Joe.....the place is "White Sulphur Springs", a little southwest of Liberty, NY on RT. 52
Craig

Tom -

lol.gif
nobody I listened to said anything about the accumulation coming last night.

Besides, you KNOW how it's gonna happen - the heavy stuff will pass south of us
wink.gif

CRAIG D. - That puller needs one of thoase STYLISH Slat Back Grills on the front! (Nomex flame suit on... ;-) ERIK S. - Tie rod ends on a 982 are bigger and won't fit the smaller frame tractors but what most people do is to install a York Heim joint in place of the OEM tie rod ends. They come in about three different quality levels and even the lowest level one (avail from McMaster-Carr) last forever as opposed to the OEM one's only lasting for 10 to 20 years.

Has anyone ever put a 4500 watt (4.5 kva)generator on a front PTO. And what kind of HP does a 301 have @ 1800 RPM ?

With all the ice storms down here in the Carolina's----just yank off the mower deck and slide in the generator on the QA. Always trying to keep my Cub working even when the grass cutting slows a bit.

I'm thinking of fabricating a bracket for the frankenstien bolts. Drive the gen.via belt, shaft,two pillow block bearings coupler @ the gen.

I can hear Kraig getting his Generac and Pincor pics ready for posting
lol.gif

Paul D. -

Generators for Cub Cadet mounting used to be available, so your idea isn't necessarily anything new.

Personally, I can see the mounted generator being useful for occasional remote power needs, but dang, I wouldn't run my Cub Cadets 24x7...

Rich, yep it was/is red. Next time I'm at my parent's house I'll have to see if it's still around.

Bryan, click, browse, crop......
14261.jpg

14262.jpg

Craig D., looks like something Tim Allen would make.....

Here are two more generator setups.

14264.jpg

14265.jpg

FWIW from NIU....

Finally, the precipitation forecast remains very uncertain and I am
still calling for a no-skill forecast at this time. It depends on how the
Arctic/Polar jets set up over the next month. If the jet dives south into
the Rockies, moving northeast towards the Great Lakes, we'll get buried.
If it comes southward across the Dakotas and into the Great Lakes, we
would get less snowfall, but remain cold. Either scenario could happen,
and at this point, we still cannot tell which one has the best chance of
happening.

What we can say is this: It looks like the first half or 2/3 of the winter
has a somewhat better chance to be a tad colder than average, with warmer
weather possibly returning by February or March. Time will tell.

Can Kraig or anyone post a picture(s) of the alternator off the tractor? I bought a Sears 4000 watt alternator at a auction. Need to make framework to install on my 149.
Thanks!!!

Craig's picture of that puller in the snow from the back of the thing makes it look kinda like a gun sight.

Ray -

There's always that 2MB Quicktime file I posted last night...

Paul it takes roughly 1.39 hp to run 1 kw, I'm unsure of what a K301 puts out at 1800 but I'm not to sure I'd want to run it for any extended period at a steady 1800. I do know that kohler has charts that give you the spec you are looking for . not sure if it goses that low . we used those specs for setting up our stock class rules which many organizations latter followed. a K341 running at 3500 = about 14 hp. a 20 hp twin = about 14 hp at 3300. kept a level playing field

I have a QA26A on my 129. Yesterday while moving snow I was having trouble. When I got into the snow it would bog down the snowthrower and stop it but never slowed down the engine on the tractor. I checked to make sure the belt was not slipping and it wasn't. I also noticed that when I tried to disengage the PTO it would not shut down on it's own. I would have to run into the snow to get the auger to stop. I figure the problem is in the PTO clutch. Is there any type of adjustment on it. Or could the problem be somewhere else?

Scott,

Time for a $30 rebuild kit and maybe a PTO bearing while you're at it. Triangle shaped spring has probably broken off an ear and isn't allowing for full clutch lock-up pressure.

If you have a late model 129 with the brake, get the rebuild kit designed for the brake (flat nubs on spring tips), if you have a button style get the std kit with the bent ears on the spring. You can't mix and match these kits between brake/no brake PTO's.

Travis sells rebuilt units if you don't want to rebuild it yourself.

BTW, you will likely notice a world of difference in performance with the new clutch!!!!!

Also a good time for a Dan H. brass PTO button.....

John Lang,
Have not taken a picture of my Quadractor yet. Will have to get one. You can see and read about the Quadractor at the following page: "www.rokonworld.com/quadractor/quadractormain.html"
Basically it is a small log skidder which can also be used as a garden tractor. It is 4 wheel drive and 4 wheel manual or clutch actuated full skid steering. It will drag 4000 lbs, yet only weights 1000 lbs. Has almost 3 foot ground clearance, with a Briggs 8hp IC and geared at 72 to 1 reduction. It has powered suspension, instantaneously self-adjusting to any work load. Very simple design, belt driven (10 belts) and cable steering. There were 350 built by Traction, Inc., in North Troy, Vermont.

Now to keep this on Cub topic - I had to remount my tire chains on the 782. Am using RUD tire chains which I picked while stationed in West Berlin, Germany. They are hard to get adjusted right on the cub tires as they are made to fit on 14" auto tires. But once I get them adjusted they stay for the winter and give great traction.

Latest posts

Back