• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 02, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thoffman

displayname
Tom Hoffman
Don,
Butch was a very kool guy! Sorry to hear about his passing. Will have to email Scott.

(Message edited by thoffman on December 02, 2003)

What does it take to put a rear pto in a gear drive readrend. Are there special items. i.e. gears that need to be added. I know where there is a rear pto but the guy wants to keep the transmission and only sell the pto. I have a 1200 that I would like to put it in if that is possible.

Daniel C:

I think I found the piece you are looking for.
If it is the plate that bolts to the frame and the seat mounts to it and the sleeve hitch upper parts attaches to it with a rod than I have found what you are looking for. It is about 10" long.

Let me know and I can get it for you.

Apostle,
What's this about IH Scouts rusting out? My neighbor is still running his around and we're in upstate NY. He doesn't go very fast - nobody like being behind him, but he gets po'ed if they pass him. Maybe he lucked out and got one made with some good metal from Lackawanna. He is still running his old Economy tractor too. Got to be a good guy because he keeps telling me to take good care of my Cub!

Frank,
I think the hardest thing would be finding the original linkage.

Frank M.: You need the main shaft that was made for the rear PTOs. The Original has to have the correct one that is different than all the gear drive trannies. The TC-113 shows the shafts in the breakdown of the PTO. I will scan the page if you would like to see it.

Charlie> that would be Wisconsin's 9 day gun season for white tail deer not the 356 days a year hunting down those other deere's

Thanks Tom & Wm for the info. If I undertand it corectly, it probably will not work. The PTo is in a 102 I believe. It is supposed to have all the linkage with it.
Does that make it any more possible?

Wm.
A scan would be appreciated.

You can e-mail it to me if that will work easier.

Frank,

Man, what is it about 102's and rear PTOs.....seems like the 102 was the most popular tractor for that treatment.

Top shaft, as mentioned before, and a QL shift linkage.......swapping him transaxles would be easier, assuming the brakes are same/same.

David H.

QA-42A won't fit on a 982 (or any other SGT) without major modifications. There are height and tire clearance issues.

You will need a H-48 (Made by Haban) to correctly mount a single stage thrower on a 982.

The 450 2-stage blower can also be used on a 982.

Here is something that is an understatement.
<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

14227.jpg
<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Erik, a 782D already has the 1" front spindles, and will hold up fine for a loader.

Frank M.,
I think what you are describing is what I need. If you could, you might take a picture of it and email it to me, so I can make sure.

Frank M.: The main shaft you need is on the transmission page(item 32) but it was included with the PTO. That main shaft(IH-387298-R11) might be available from a dealer and I just saw some reproduction shafts listed somewhere.
14229.jpg

Here is the Parts break down of the 102 PTO out of thw TC-113
14230.jpg

E-mail me and I will send you a hi resolution scan you can download and print.

(Message edited by wdeturck on December 03, 2003)

John L., I think I had (have?) a Matchbox version of that Snow-Trac. I used to have a bunch of Matchbox cars then I got 2 little brothers...........

Kevin D. - On the Carry-all I made that Kraig has now the rear side panel has two 3/16" dia. rods that pull out and the rear side slips right out. Pull two more pins/rods and the sides come right off so it looks just like the one John P. made. I looked over John's platform pretty closely at PD. #1. They're pretty close to the same size & proportions. Mine was 45" wide by 16" front-to-back with 16" or 18" tall sides. Just the right size for an SGT.

Argh! No snow.

Haven't had a chance to try out my new QA36A or the other . . . thing (wife calls it the Belt Drive Bastard)

14232.jpg

John-
I wouldn't doubt there's one around here, snow trac vehicles aren't too uncommon and I have seen one with a sort of fenders and body like that one.

Wyatt -

Could be worse - could get snow and not be around to remove it and have it melt by the time you get back home.

I figure that's how this Friday/Saturday is gonna work for me...

JohnL,
Thanks for the link on the Snowtrac. Gotta have one. Maybe I can talk the local snowmobile club into letting me run it on their trails. Problem is figureing out how to get the state to license it.
Pat

Latest posts

Back