• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 28, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaytay

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Home of the Plow Special
Richard-
I agree I should finish that <font color="119911">tractor</font>, but silly things like family, job, and "life" keep getting in the way.
happy.gif

I'm not positive on the tire mounting, but I think the pointy-things face the front...?
dunno.gif

Those Tru-Powers get me everytime!
rant.gif

Kraig -

That's why, for all the painted bolts, nuts, washers, etc, we shot them with Sherwin-Williams gray primer (rattle can), installed them, then handpainted them later.

Thanks Mr. Dorow and Mr. Bedell.

Got some good info on the valve and spring, and even some JD part numbers. I was told to order the shims to adjust pressure, as well.

John-David Reaves

Dustin, the "Plow Special" is Art's custom Original.

90376.jpg

90377.jpg

Art, thanks!
happy.gif

Bryan, the nuts for the lift ratchet were the worst I ended up scraping the rest off the paint that didn't chip off and then primed and painted them. The bolt heads I just repainted with out priming as the primer was still intact.

Hi Steve Webre.
sounds like quite an interesting project. On my 1650-4 I used a 1650 rear-end and one from a 129. the gearing is the same...do you have anything sketched out yet? I would be happy to share anything that may help... you'll find my email in the profile. good luck..have fun..
Darryl

Kraig -

great progress on K4K. I remember the way it was!

Craig, I remember too! That was a snowy Saturday and you 3 showed up in my driveway with a Cub and surprised me. I recall asking "So, who does this belong to?" and I believe it was Art that said "You."
yikes.gif

90388.jpg

K4K the day it as delivered to me. Left to right Alan Grossmeier, Art Aytay, Craig Carney and my daughter Beige setting on K4K. I believe this was back in February of 2002.

90389.jpg

Me and K4K and some misc parts.

90390.jpg

Me and a piece of cardboard that was in the box with the fenders from Myron Bounds. I have the cardboard kept in a safe place.
happy.gif

My 1450 muffler is very loud. Does anyone have
any suggestions to quiet muffler.

Richard B..
It may be just worn out, baffle wise... try a new quietline muffler. Kohlers will bark loudly when loaded, anyhow,... I've been toying with the idea of cutting open the muffler and packing it with either fiberglass, stainless steel 'scrubby' material, or a combo of both... Also, I was thinking of placing a tailpipe on my 149 to exit under the tractor, pointing downward... just my $0.02..

Hi guys, Been a while since I posted but I now have a problem to fix. I finally hooked up the 44" deck to my 108 and started mowing. 2 laps and the clutch won't disengage. All of the linkage seems to be in place and moving. Can't see much more w/ the deck on. Any ideas cub wizards?????......before I start tearing things apart???

That is the clutch to the rearend, not for the mower. Its been droven fairly regurarly since Jan., just giving rides to grandkids.

<font face="arial,helvetica"><font color="000000"><font size="+1">
Has anyone had a Hydro seep oil out of the top of the relief valves?
I have a 782 that is weeping out the top of each valve at the center of what looks like a lathe tool mark. Can these valves be welded?
</font></font></font>

Larry, Time to replace the valves and dont weld them shut unless you want bigger troubles. Check with the sponsors at the top of the page, they sell them new.

Larry, that happened to me too. You need to replace the valves because the inside o-ring has failed and is leaking past. They are repairable, see the FAQs. -Brian.

Kraig and Darryl,

Sincere thanks for the info and comments. Seems I have a bit to learn....

Darryl - Will contact you shortly about your 4x4 project. Excellent job.

Thanks again guys!

-Steve-
Broussard LA

Everett "Buck" Roberts----Sounds like you have a throwout bearing problem. and the clutch can't release.

Was It noisy when disengaging, [ depressing the peddle] for a period of time before it quit working ??

Jim H./Everett-

I'd suspect corrosion between the rear pressure plate and the driveshaft. I've had that bind up on a few. If you can push the clutch in, the throwout is moving back and therefore not preventing the clutch from disengaging. It might be a good time to take the clutch apart and rebuild it. You won't regret it, a new clutch is a wonderful thing...

Latest posts

Back