• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 26, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KEN - Lean is hot, but more than a little rich is bad too, burns cool but fouls plugs and the extra gas washes the oil off the cylinder walls.

Dennis - I thought lean was hot but not remembering 100% I didn't want to say.

Hey guys,
I'm in the middle of rebuilding the QA42A thrower I picked up in the spring.The fingers that cover the exit on the chute-keepem or loosem?
Thanks

DAVE - If you promise to NEVER EVER stick your hands or anything else down into the chute, then you can leave the fingers off.

About ten years ago on a late spring snow storm here in southern WI the local hospitals had TWELVE people admitted with mangled hands reaching into the discharge chutes to clear snow out. The snow was really wet & heavy, almost slush.

Dennis, Just got in from the Half Century Show, will post some pix in the am. GREAT SHOW!

Hey guys, one question about those "fingers" in the chute.
Why would you take them out?
I have a QA36A with them and never really
had a problem with clogging.
Yeah normal heavy slushy snow but that clogs everything.

It's a potential blockage waiting to happen. I know I said "lose it", I'd like to amend that, keep it safe, anywhere, except in the chute.
Brad, If you've had good luck with them more power to you.
happy.gif

Ok, I think I solved the problem. Should the two couplers on each side of the rubber disk be parralell to each other? They were not, so I made them that way, bolted them back together and the vibration stopped. Is this correct or did I just band-aid my problem?

A few years back when the old "across the street" forum was still going one of its members posted some pictures of after the re-attaching surgery. He'd made the mistake of as he put it, "Being forgetful for just a second." and put his hand in the snowthrower chute at full throttle and pto engaged to clean out the wet snow. If I recall correctly he got limited usage back in his fingers. I always tell people when they find out that I had to teach myself how to write left-handed that we should teach our children how to be ambidextrous. When they ask why I simply tell them, "Because one day you may just break your arm and have to use the other when going to the bathroom." Over 95% say that they never thought of things that way.
229531.gif

Everyone have a funtastic day and be safe.

yesterdays find 2-100's, alot of n.o.s. parts, and a truckload of booze!
229536.jpg

229537.jpg

229538.jpg

Just curious as to whether anyone has used the dash decals that CC Specialties is selling? Seems to me that the dash surface has too much texture and raised areas for a durable adhesion. Thanks for any input.

Randy - They're made to spec.

Chris - They'll get you for bootlegging
beer2.gif

I don't see how you and Charlie keep finding so much NOS parts.

Randy-

If I was trying to restore one of those dash panels, I'd mask off and repaint the black part of the dash tin, then cut the logos out of the decal and use them. That way you keep the original texture of the dash.

Does anyone know if there is a bearing in the top of the steering columns in the cub cadet originals?

Coleman K,
No bearing, but there is/was a plastic bushing, and the current replacement is made different than the original.

I say Chris steels the NOS parts. And I guess he has some boot leg'n buddies in the hills of Pensylvannia or something? I think I would at least try to hide them cases, little less obvious!
cool.gif

Those two tractors look SWEET on the trailer. I bet they'd look even better in some our Cub sheds though too.

Nice find! Just a little jellous here.

Mike - I figured it out. Wait for a hurricane , have the governors evacuate the areas ... Well at least they're high and dry now.

Charlie's MIA today so he's probably going to come in here with a semi load of "yard sale" goodies too !

Going back to the shop to try to start my old K523S ... or junk it !

Latest posts

Back