• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 26, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mfrade

displayname
Mike Frade
"I guess everyone forgot the week that Bob decided to DELETE over 2,000 members."

Yes, I had forgotten about that one! We had to many correct police back then too (imho) ,,

I joined right after Dan unveiled his crawler! I remember everyone had a slack lower jaw for weeks after that was shown! My memory says that was 95 maybe 96...??..?? I lurked before that.

I remember when this place was a DOS bulletin Board screen! :cool:
And my 73 is still my only tractor! LOL.. but I never did find any 12" tall grass to mow in 3rd gear...

Tom,
That's a cool looking 63" mower deck. I'm guessing it never hit production or something? First I've ever seen of such thing.

As embarrassing as this sounds I never knew about this forum until I'm guessing 4 or so years ago or something like that. At the time I wasn't so computer savy and knew about the homepage for years before but didn't know the forum link was there. It hid from me pretty good.

Kevin - Don't feel so bad , there's members here that can't find this page.

Kraig:
I joined not too long after the Voyager crash.. IIRC, Bryan almost didn't let me join (my ISP at the time was <u>Voyager</u>)....I'm not sure exactly when I got "purged" ('04-'05??), but Bryan put me back, so he must have forgiven me for the previous associations
clappy.gif

I'm listening to live scanner feeds from the East Coast..Hope our members in NC and VA are doing OK..Irene's moving up the coast towards NJ..

The great crash was what got me here, I was on yesterdays tractors when I started hearing about the forum being down. when it came back up I started looking.

I got an email last night from Frank Watson , he's 60 miles inland from Virgina Beach @ 95' elevation.
Looks like it's rough there.

Frank said that his Cub rebuild is on hold due to laziness. He retired last year so he should have plenty of time now.
I think he has a 1200 doesn't he ?

I hope to get back to cubbing this week. I need to put the 1250 together for the second time.

Here in central NC it isn't bad at all. I've had less than 1/2" of rain and wind gust to about 40mph. They're getting hammered about 2 hours SE of me in the Wilmington area.

Finally, I am the proud owner of a 782! However, I have found a rather noticable rattle from under the seat. I was told about it by the P.O., but they had no idea beyond that. So before I tear into this, any suggestions on what to look for? By the parts diagram, I assume I'm looking at a self aligning bushing, but I'm not sure.

So I picked up a Danco RD1000 loader recently from a local board member, but being designed to fit a 70/100, it's far from suitable for mounting on my 147 due primarily to the foot rest mounting mounts and the bumps in the frame for the motor. I thought I could handle the frame bump outs, but when the footrest attaching points also became an issue, I began to see that I would have to recreate half of the loader, and that would just take too much time. Free time is not something I have much of. Besides that, I would probably smoke a few turds in purgatory for hacking up a fairly rare attachment.

In an ideal world, I would want my loader to be a hydro. Obviously, a 70 or 100 is not a hydro, but there might be some hydro models that the RD1000 loader would attach to with minimal effort. Maybe a 105? While I have the tools, space, and some skill cutting and welding metal, I just do not have the time. Anything more than a couple of tack welds and a few holes to drill is going to be more than I should take on at this point. I already have too many projects.

So, is there by chance something hydro-tastic, and with the same foot rest positioning and no disc brakes as the 70/100? I don't mind drilling a hole or two, but I don't want to get in to extreme fabrication if I don't need to. If such a model was made, and I can locate one within a day's drive from home that is complete and at least close to operable, I would really prefer it over a gear drive model.

KCA - DUDE! I'm thinking that ALL the wet drives are disc brake.
You may have to re-think your time allowance or re-sell it or go GD with it.
I'm with ya on the Hydros! and in spirit if it helps LOL

EDIT
Take the brakes off , who uses brakes anyway on a hydro !

DAVE R> - You said a BAD BAD thing, YT... I used to hang out there years ago, post sometimes. There's a couple guys who know what they're talking about but most don't.

I went over there a month or so ago for a half hour. SOS.... Same OLD s...

Some nice pic's from Half Century of Progress posted @ RPM. Buddy was there Thursday, said the Cub Corral had about 50 real nice CC's, some pullers. Say's it's about FIVE times bigger than it was six years ago when we went. Too big to walk around and see everything in a day, need a golf cart or UTV.

Picked up a good running 107 just recently. Been looking for a while. Any info on any electric lift stuff please shoot me an email to [email protected]. I think I am ready to start tinkering with it. Thanks a bunch.

Cool, I was sitting here at work looking at Originals on epay for the heck of it and Craig Morgan's International Harvestor song came across the radio. How fitting.

I was mowing with my 126 today, when I noticed smoke coming from the left front. Ran it to the garage and parked it. The hood was hot, the gas tank was hot and the cast iron front was hot. This has happened twice and I was only mowing for a half hour. I'm thinking I have to take the tin off the motor and make sure the head is clean. Any other thoughts?

Melody - Sounds like you might have a mouse nest under the engine tin. If it got as hot as I think you're trying to imply you may have toasted your rings. The temper will be gone and it'll smoke a lot then ruin the bore.
You better look into it. BTDT

Just remembered one other possibility;

I forget if it's "to lean" or "to rich" will sometimes make the muffler get so hot it turns red. BTDT too but I forget which one.

Getting OLD is FUN! Everybody should try it !!

My mechanics (nephews) and I have already discussed pulling the motor and putting in new rings. It already smoked a little and used some oil.

That's what's happened then. I had the same thing happen to my 127 some years back.

At least you have the 782D now ! Congrats !!

Back