• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 21, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcorn

displayname
Ben P. Corn
Rob: Thats sounds like the best way to do it. I usually use a big crowbar to pry one side off. When it slips I cuss!

Putting it back together I put one side in the hole and get the other side started in the ear usually with same pry bar then tap the bar down until it snaps into the hole. Never figured out why they did not make that bar a slider also.

Pops
old.gif

Pops,
Thanks for the reply on removing the subframe. Can you confirm that I just pull the pivot pin to remove the springs? Will anything Pop (No pun intended) due to the springs being under pressure?

Do the lift arm internals come out of the arm or do I need to replace the entire thing? I had the button break off a few years back and have been using a socket extention for a while and tend to misplace them when I want to mow!! Its a 106 if that helps any.

Scott, the top button is threaded onto the rod that is inside the lift handle. Get a can of PB Blaster, Kroil or Liquid Wrench and spray it into the lift handle and let it soak, do this for several days. Would be best if you first remove the lift arm/rockshaft assembly from the tractor so that you can invert it and spray it from the bottom so that the penetrative oil can get into the button threads. Now comes the hard part, you'll need to figure out a way to grab the broken portion of the button to unscrew it from the rod. Or you could remove the lift arm/rockshaft assembly from the tractor and straighten the L at the bottom of the rod, then the rod will slide out the top of the lift handle. Then unscrew the broken button from the rod, replacement buttons are available. Once you have that done reinsert the rod and re-bend the L on bottom of the rod. Much of this is easier said then done.
90045.gif

THis part is called a float lockout. what does it do. i thought this could be done with the lift lever and/or its little button. WHere does this part go?

90048.jpg

Dustin S.

The "float lock" is part of the connecting link where a hydraulic cylinder attaches to the rockshaft arm. When it is installed one way it gives down pressure when the cylinder retracts. Installed the other way, it lets the link float free when the cylinder retracts. No down force is loaded onto the rockshaft.

If you don't have a hydraulic lift, you don't have a place to instal it.

Here is a picture with the pin installed in the "floating" position.

90051.jpg

Thanks for the info Kraig! I decided to keep this 106 I inherited(in a way) so I decided to fix it up and restore it to like new condition so I thought I could get some help on this site! So far so good!!! Best tractor I ever had and the old timers in my family love it. Also is there anyone on here that lives in NY? I keep hearing about tractor salvage yards but have had no luck finding them.

Been awhile since I've been on here. I am thinking about painting my QA42A thrower and was wondering what is the proper color white? I didn't see it listed under the paint in the FAQ section. Also are all the snow throwers painted the same color white?

Thanks,

Rob

Tom Hoffman,

I really enjoyed meeting and talking with you during the Sycamore, IL show. Nice meeting the other Cubbers too. I got mired up in the flea market and never got back over to see you guys again. Sorry - next year I'll plan things a bit better.

To follow are some Cub pictures taken at the show. My camera battery went flat (forgot to charge it) so these are the only CC pictures taken.
90060.jpg

90061.jpg

90062.jpg

Pat an I headed west yesterday for a little Cubbin road trip. We had the distinct pleasure to be invited into "Manland" in beautiful Long Grove Iowa. Spent a few hours talking about hydro creep with Keith E. Keith is doing very well for those interested. Thanks again Keith for the parts, the cold tools and a great BS session.

I bought a cub cadet 100 not too long ago and would like to make it in to my plowing tractor. It sat outside for awhile at one point so it has a little rust here and there. Right now I'm trying to figure out what to do with the steering wheel. The finish is a bit rough from sitting outside, no cracks or missing chunks though. Do you sand this down a bit and paint it? If so what kind of paint? Getting tired of having black hands.

Jason Burge- Not only is that ground cable from the battery to the start/gen bracket a good idea, it's recomended, and about the first thing brought up for fixing unexplained electrical loss problems. Ya, do that first, as it will be about the easiest thing to try. Make sure you have good metal to metal contact.

Curt Sanderson:
Thanks for the feedback. I just came in from doing the install. What a difference that ground wire made! I now have a solid 13 volts going to the battery. This is my first cub and I just finished a total restoration, my first one to. After 7 years of almost constant use I finaly parked it long enough to finish it! Just in time for a show this weekend. I'll be sure to post a pic of it soon. Once again thanks for the feedback.

Maybe this isnt the right place for it but does anyone know any john deere garden tractor forums?? I need to find out some info on some jd models.
ihrotate.gif
bouncy.gif

Dustin,
Google Weekend Freedom Machines. You will find it very user friendly, not clunky like some....?

Dustin:

Weekend Freedom Machines

Good guys, I was just out on a boat on the St. Croix River a couple Fridays ago with the two founders Mike Horn and Robb Kruger and several other JD guys. They were nice enough to not throw me overboard. 'Course, the boat does belong to another Cub Cadet guy.
happy.gif

While Don's away ... old Frank will play:
90070.jpg

Yesterday I got one of the carbs that Greg Edwards has rebuilt for me. It was the "next step" (along with a s/g from Scott Cross and a s/g/pto basket pulley from eBay)(which I thought I was going to get from a sponser) in the process of deciding what to do (restore or part) "The Hampster". Now that I know the engine runs good (it didn't have a chance with the carb that came on it), I'm going to pull the engine and put it in one of the other 123 "smokers". The haze in the pic is from an old, dirty, engine warming up, not burning oil. I think Don's still waiting for a head for his 125.
asthanos.gif

Under EDIT: Good one, Ken! Seems I heard Cheech & Chong are going to do a comeback.
dunno.gif

Looks like an old Cheech and Chong flick.....
shame.gif

Back