• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Marlin H taken to Hospital via Ambulance sunday Aug. 5th

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmcleod

displayname
Cathleen McLeod
I thought I would add this thread here. I put in on the cat board, but many may not read that, so thought perhaps I should put it elsewhere so more can read this. I thought you would want to know how Marlin was and is now.

I(Cathleen aka Angel) had to call 911 at 2:24am this morning(aug 5th) for Marlin. He woke me up at 2am with chills, sweating profusely, nausea and extremely dizzy and and blurred vision. We went around about if we should go into ER or call 911. Finally I was getting dressed to take him into ER when he said to call 911. Then I knew he felt really BAD, cuz he wouldn't say that otherwise. So I did and they were here within 4 minutes or so. There were a total of 9EMTS..5 in the house, 4 outside and then 2 ambulance people came. Full house~~ EMT's checked him over. His blood pressure was 190/120. I was really worried when I heard that. The nurse, Mylie talked him into going in the ambulance, and said they figure its cardiac until proven otherwise. So they scooted him off to ER and I got the kitties taken care of and headed into town..6 miles away. When I got there he was of course hooked up to EKG. He had his color back, but he had been whiter then a sheet.! The ER Dr. saw him and he and the nurse thought it might be vertigo but they were going to wait on blood tests. Well the gave him an IV and the blood work came back clean, so the Dr. said he thought a bit of a calcium deposit broke lose off of his inner ear and created all of this! good grief!! So, after the IV they gave him a shot of valium and sent us home. He's sleeping in his recliner and little buddy Fancy is laying on the couch but being ever vigilent and watching over his daddy. Little Fancy looked so worried and concerned before we called 911..its amazing how the furkids KNOW when things are wrong. So we were relieved to know it didnt appear to be heart related. The ER Dr. said to get to our Dr. and have him give a scipt to PT and they can work with him to relocate/settle down that calcium deposit back to where it was, then the dizziness will go away. Sounds all strange to me, but oh well...!!
A friend of his was really sick for a couple of days and thought he had the flu but when he didnt get any better he went to ER and found out the upper part of his heart wasn't beating in sync with the botten part. And Marlin had the same symptons as his friend had, so one doesnt want to mess around with ' wondering'..specially when you get to be our age. Safe rather then sorry.!

update: its about 10am now, and he's been up for a few times and he's still weak and dizzy. He laid down on the 3 season porch and laid on the " bad side", his left, which when he turns his head that way gets dizzy, and that sent him into a panic attack/the stuff that happened this morning all started to come back, so he hurridly got up and is now sitting in his recliner again. gosh.!! He usually sleeps on his left side, but looks like he's going to have to switch and that is difficult for him to get comfortable. I will be calling our doc first thing in the morning to get him checked out..

when he was released from the hospital his BP was 160/90. Much better then what it was!! I'll take it abit later to check him out, after he's been sitting again for abit.

he's hanging in there...

He says HI to everyone

Angel ,Marlin and the kitties

Hope your feeling better soon, all the best from over here !
wave.gif

Thanks Tom H. and Don T., and I'll let Marlin know that you responded and are thinking about him..((smiles))

take care
angel.gif

Sorry to hear of this! Take care of yourself and follow the doctors advice (orders).. Hope you feel more like yourself in the morning, Saying a prayer now for you both.

Angel-

Like Allen said, there will probably be quite a few replies to this thread as people are made aware. Marlin is one of our main hydro guys and very valuable to us all. I look forward to his 4 am posts before he goes to work.

Put Fancy in there with him and he'll "pop to" in no time.

Marlin, We're all thinking of you and want your quick and thorough recovery from this crap you're experiencing. I understand garlic is good for high blood pressure so maybe Kraig will send you a get well package. He grows some of the best I've ever seen.

I haven't been a member very long, but i'm sorry to hear about this. Hope you feel better soon Marlin.
thumbsup_old.gif
Take Care. Bill.

Thanks Guys for responding and thinking of Marlin and sending your good thoughts his way. This will perk him up.

He was going to go to work this morning, but he's still not feeling the best and I was really, really against him going to work till he see's our Dr.so decided to stay home. He didnt even have an appetite, and had to kind of force himself to eat breakfast. I just don't agree with the diagnosis the ER doctor gave, not at all. I dont know how they came to that conclusion just because the EKG was ok and the Dr.said his blood work " looked good on paper". he sure the heck wasn't good to look at!!! If it was vertigo, he would still have it, and he isn't dizzy now. He's worn out, exhausted and I said that's because of the tremendous stress your body went through yesterday. Marlin and I feel it might have been stress related. With stress factors coming at him from every direction,it seems it all lined up in perfect harmony to create the scenerio that happened?? The ER Dr. said ' something' fell out of his ear when he was looking in it, but I'm still not convinced that was the problem. Not for as sick as he was. NOT! We'll get to the Dr. today or tomorrow and let Dr. figure it out. There are stress factors I'm not at liberty to talk about here and I would have to let Marlin share that if he feels its right, but things are really intense and then with us losing Stinker and him dealing with severe pain in his feeties and him not able to get enough sleep, his body has been really stressed, and I think all the blocks stacked up against him and they came tumbling down as they say.

ooooo..Wayne, you mentioned Kraig sending Marlin a get well package? sounds delightful.!! we love garlic..hint hint hint. You know Marlin had issues with blood pressure, but then like all the meds the Dr. tries to put him on, he decided to stop taking it as it made him feel yucky and you know for two years his blood pressure has been great, like 120/90, so that hasn't been the issue..buttttt...

Marlins hanging out in his recliner right now..waiting to call into work to tell them he's not coming in..

Marlin's thinking of you all too.!!

angel.gif
and the Kitties
take care everyone

Marlin we are praying and hopeing you will feel better soon. Hang in there and take care of yourself.
Luther

Marlin, get well soon, the Cub Nation awaits your full recovery!

CATHLEEN - Marlin's lucky to have you to take care of him. Sounds like you're making him do the right things. I hope Marlin makes a speedy recovery from whatever is causing his problems.

Please keep us posted on how he's doing.

Sadly the garlic was mostly eaten this year by (a) pocket gopher(s). Last fall I planted somewhere around 400 cloves. This spring only about a third sprouted. I believe it was due to a mild winter and a pocket gopher being active later in the fall and earlier in the spring eating the cloves. I've trapped pocket gophers all my life and I've never had as much trouble trapping one as the one that has been terrorizing my garden all spring and summer. This July I harvested a whopping 16 bulbs.
angry.gif
To even harvest that many I had to harvest them a couple weeks early so the bulbs are smaller but he was eating them so quickly I didn't dare leave them in the ground any longer. All of it will be replanted this fall in hopes that I can get my stock back up. The gopher has also eaten several zucchini plants, a tomato plant and a bunch of pepper plants.
angry.gif
rant.gif
bash.gif

Marlin, Hope you get better. It helps to find out whats going on, the not knowing makes it worse.

Latest posts

Back