• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

never too old to ride a cub

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's been a spiritual uplift week ..Another story worth sharing....Answered a facebook ad for 2 old cubs about 30 mi.away...Arriving ;the 70ish something gentlemen and I talked at length about the 129 and 125.He was enthused with his description of rebuilding engines so of course I shared some of my collection of small engine stories..We found common interest quite quickly.The 129 ran and had a hyd lift on snow blade plus chains and weights.The 125 ran but would not drive...I finally asked,"why are you selling these you seem to really care about them? His reply was more than a shock:He said ,I have terminal cancer and wanted to move out things my wife has no knowledge about so she wouldn't have to deal with them" What a guy; his final efforts were to make it easier for his wife....He said ,I was afraid someone would come and buy them to tear them apart and sell the pieces but you seem like a guy who appreciates old machines.This is what I'm going to do....For the same money I'll add in a 341,a newly rebuilt 321, an IH metal trailer and a few boxes of cub parts.The boxes had 5 rebuilt carbs, many clutch parts,an extra s/g and a host of gaskets..It took 2 trips to get it all home.I insisted he drive the 129 onto the trailer as a last gesture...Today as I looked at all that he gave me my thanks were overflowing...Better yet to top it off (thanks to this forum) I found the front drive line pin missing.Inserting a 1/4 bolt to try it, it was driving just fine. After replacing the pin I mowed for an hr...This post is just to remind us all life is for living and caring...and there is still a lot of good out there!!!
Much the same story regarding my Simplicity noted elsewhere. It took a couple three visits and eventually, before loading the tractor I had signed on to buy a trailer and take on his goats (gratis) upon his passing. He was quite distressed that someone might take them on and then just "kill them" later and wanted to be certain that his loved Simplicity was not merely "flipped". His chickens are still in the mix as well but they can be problematic here in the valley even on our irrigated "horse property".

In his case, he is driven to clean-out for his daughter. A damn fine gal in her own right.

The bowl gasket rotted, the stem was bent badly,the screen packed completely. I rarely take the short route but it seemed wiser to just purchase a new one. I've been known to make gaskets from old inner tubes but todays ethanol tends to cause problems..

Back