Archive through August 21, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kraig – wouldn’t that be in violation of the "Clean Water Act"?
bouncy.gif

Clean Air Act, maybe.
Hey, Charlie: What's the chance of getting some points cover gaskets?
bubbly.gif

<font color="119911">Mike G.</font>, how did you get past Charlie to post on the Cub Cadet forum?
banned1.gif
roflol.gif

Oops, before I go on too much about JD guys I better go delete some stuff in my thread in the Sandbox on making a Wildlife Food Plot....
shhh.gif

Micheal R.: Sand down lightly clean with a good solvent and I would spray it with epoxy and let it dry for a couple days.

Or you could do as above and use enamel but then I would put a couple or 3 light coats of clear coat over that.

Pops
old.gif

FRANK, CHARLIE - The really HARD part to find anymore is the little rubber grommet that seals the points wire into the cutout in the corner of the points cover.... Last two I got I had to "REQUISITION" from a JD facility.... Any chance someone can get them? I understand even the 17 hp twins use the same one and My normal sources keep giving Me the cover gaskets.

Here's the pic of Bryan. Yes, food I'm afraid, not tractors, keeps the friendship alive! Bryan failed to mention that we also talked about his involvement with the Union Pacific R.R.'s Operation Lifesaver program. Many of us on the forum like trains and Bryan's volunteer service with this program is worth noting.

Bryan, you should post the pic of your cross buck (that is if Charlie, the moderator will let you).

BTW, Charlie, you'd probably appreciate the fare we ate this time better than the last time, seein's it's closer to JUNK food. . .
pop.gif

90084.jpg

90085.jpg

That big red thing behind the soft drink cup in the 2nd pic is Bryan's stomack BEFORE he ate. . .
<font size="-2">You can almost hear it gurgling</font>

Isn't the Kohler part number for the point cover grommet 220297-S? Shouldn't any Kohler dealer be able to get this?

Glen:
You're welcome. There are always cool tools on tap in ManLand.
My wife and the neighbor lady soon got bored with so much gearhead chat, but it's refreshing to talk about all things engine, ranging from pulling trucks to Cubs to cars to snowmobiles and on to motorcycles.
Thanks again for stopping by and I'm working on the next reason for a trip now.

Keith

Holy crap HELL must have froze over since Keith is posting again!!!!

Well seems to be a little slow here.went camping
90103.jpg

Found some weights for the loader.

Speaking of clean air act, I'm getting tired of replacing the air filter on my 105 every month. I think I'm spending more on air filters than I do on gas! Yes the air filter is doing it's job, and yes it is quite dusty where/when I mow, but this is starting to break the bank! Is there a washable filter I can get or maybe a foam-like element that goes around it? Anyone know something different that I could do, other than buy them in bulk?
ihrotate.gif

the 107 runs and is looking for a job lol.my O and 100 both need parts and will soon be running again.
90116.jpg

got all the rest of the parts for my 125 and will look after that as the wife just used 4 weeks of vacation.
90117.jpg

and must not forget the 129. lots of sanding there.

90118.jpg

And this was needed for the water in my compressor from all the heat. painting can now move ahead.
90121.jpg

Hey Guys, this morning I took two old Remington shotguns to Brazil, IN and traded for the Cub Cadet sign, two IH measuring tapes and an IH sign. I traded with the former owner of the local IH Cub Cadet dealership which is no longer in business. Now he fishes and hunts. I figure the guns were worth $250. We are both happy with the trade. He has boxes of IH Cub Cadet brochures from the early sixtys to present. We are going to trade again, and the sooner the better. Life is good!
90125.jpg

90126.jpg

I just finished sandblasting the rims on my Original and it seems that the "original" owner of the original had brazed the valve stem holes shut and drilled new ones on the opposite side of the rear rims. There were tubes in them. Here is the dumb question: which way do the valve stems face? In or out? And are they supposed to have tubes? After sandblasting for 3 hours I was thinking new rims would have been easier. Thanks, Nick

Latest posts

Back