Archive through August 21, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can someone point me to the exact specs on the hydro pump on a 1650 ie. GPH & PSI?

Thanks.

Nick Hasson (Nhasson) My O has stems and outside onn 2 here. Hope that helps.
90130.jpg

Jarrod M.-

What brand of filters are you buying? When you buy a Kohler (NOT aftermarket) filter in most places, it comes with a green foam pre-filter. I almost never run anything without a prefilter except in the winter.

JAROD M. - The OEM Kohler filters I've been buying lately for the K241 thru K321 engines have all had green foam prefilter sleeves with them that slide over the pleated paper filters. They sure help extend filter life....I mow about 2 acres and typically get a year out of a filter. Remember, a dirty filter removes more and smaller dirt particles than a new clean filter. As long as You can still see light, like a flashlght, trouble light, or sunlight thru the pleated paper the filter is still clean enough to use.

NICK H. - Yes, the valve stems on all CC wheels were towards the outside when normally mounted. And early CC's all had inner tubes. I used to be the tire buyer for IHC's FARMALL plant back in 1979 thru 1981, bought Hundreds of MILLIONS of Dollars worth of tires for that place, and it's My expert opinion that ALL tractor tires, especially these CC's both front & rear should all have inner tubes. Biggest tire complaint We always had at FARMALL was the fact all Our frt tires and about 3-4 sizes of rear tires were all tubeless. And they were ALWAYS the top offenders of randomly going flat. A good tire shop should be able to supply You with a couple rim hole plugs, or order on-line from GEMPLER's, and grind, heat, punch the brazed in plug out of the outside valve stem holes. Make sure You get rim hole plugs that actually screw together. I have bunches of plugs that just pop in like a rubber grommet but they really don't seal well....it was typical for some sizes & styles of rear ag. rims to have valve stem plugs on both inside & outside, but only one was used and the other was plugged.

Dennis and Donald, thanks for the reply. The ag tire thing with a hole on each side makes sense because after seeing the braze job he did I'm thinking he would of used a torch to make the other hole, not a drill bit. It looks factory. I'll check the plugs out though. New question, my hood is pitted pretty bad in spots. I don't want to use spot putty because I'm afraid it won't last. Leadding seems to be a forgotten pasttime. What can I use to smooth this thing out before paint? Any help is appreciated. Thnaks, Nick

Don T,

You found wheel weights lying on the beach!!
yikes.gif

Where is this place? I need to plan a road trip there soon.

Matt G; I buy my air filters at a local cub dealer, the boxes say Cub Cadet parts/IH-385168-R3 Element. As far as I know they are original cub air filters, but they sure don't come with that green element that has been mentioned. Maybe I need to be asking for Kohler filters to get the wrap around element?

Nick, Use body filler (body putty) to fill and finish the rust pits. Body filler will not shrink but spot putty will.

Brian Lanasa (Blanasa) Brian Nova Scotia is pretty much an island if you removed the dykes at the border to New Brunswick. Looking for weights for a friend for his tractor and got a email about theses.I hear there is another pair down your way lol.But with the price of fuel i won`t be going to the U.S.A till fall if i find the right Diesel Cub that ain`t to far.
animatedihbear.gif

Latest posts

Back