• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 03, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anyone gets bored today and wants something to do. Head on down to Little G for the day. It's going to be cool and a good time.
http://www.littlegexpo.com/little_g_expo.htm

CYA there!
beerchug.gif

Sounds like fun, but Dyersville is just a bit far for a day trip for some - don't 'cha know...
eww.gif

Myron B

Charlie:
Little G looks like fun, I should have planned ahead though, a little far from our 20.. I looked at the link - it did bring up a question - were there Demo Cubs? Were their SGs painted white?? Does a white SG run cooler?
confused.gif
(Nice looking Cubbie)

Leave it to Charlie to want everyone to leave their nice dry house and meet him in Iowa ...
63413.gif

Here I am again!

Remember? I have the 1650 that had the charging issue.

I replaced the voltage regulator and the ignition switch.

The tractor started right up with up a jump. With the engine on full, the battery is reading 14 volts. The amp meter is all the way down to the "C".

I just want to make sure that is correct. I have never seen the amp meter on the dash is all the way down to "C". With the pto on, it is about half way to "C". With the engine throttled dwon, it is almost in the middle.

Does everything sound ok?

Thanks again for all of the help.

Ed

Edward T.-

You said it started with a jump. Does that mean you had to jump start it? If so, your battery was probably stone cold dead and when that happens it'll charge like crazy. It shouldn't do that with a fully charged battery though. If your battery is fully charged and showing 14 volts while running WOT, I'd suspect that your ammeter has become inaccurate. If you have another one of those, swap it and see what happens if it continues to do this.

Here's a couple from Little G today.
63415.jpg

63416.jpg

All in all a pretty nice day, got to see a lot of old faces and even met some new one's.
As usual, not enough time to visit with everyone though.
swear.gif

I got to watch Mike M's 982TD in action today. All I can say is WOW! Very good work and very nice job on those units. I was extremely impressed by the power. I think Big Steve was also because 1 chance behind the wheel was not enough for him. He had to drive it a 2nd time. Here is a sample of it in action.
63423.jpg

Back