• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 10, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marty - I think it was about 3 hours labor and the 4 bolts. I had to assume they checked out a lot of other things to make sure nothing else was wrong.

It was the closest CC dealer to me and was actually awhile before I really started to need anything. One winter I decided I'd rebuild my steering box. It was getting pretty sloppy and I thought there was a half decent break in the weather so I could get it done in couple days. I called this dealer to check on the parts and he told me they always carry all the parts on hand, just drop in and pick up what I needed. I pulled my steering column (which isn't really easy on a 1450 because IH bolted the spooler value to it), decided what parts I needed, and then stopped by the dealer the next day. Would you believe he didn't have the cam follower and that gasket plate part. I had a few words with him about waiting 2-3 weeks for the parts to come in - told him that's why I called. I wanted to get the stuff and get the job done. This was the only snow removal equipment I had. He showed the stuff as "back-ordered" on my receipt for the parts he did have. I said to take them off the back-ordered items. That I was going to another CC dealer to get them. He told me I wouldn't find them at another dealer, they wouldn't carry those parts either. I said I had to get it done, take the back-orders off, I'd go where I had to so I could get the parts.

I let my fingers do the walking thru the yellow pages and found another dealer about 10 miles farther away from the first. They had one of the parts in stock and the other part at their other store. I said I'd go get it at the other store (which was about 25 miles north of my home instead of this store which was 20 miles west). I had to get my steering done. I couldn't risk a snow fall and no tractor to clear the drive.

I got to their other store and Lady at the parts desk tells me they always have those parts. I don't recall how much it cost me but when I paid I said did you give me a discount? She said no, we charge manufactured suggested retail for all the parts. I said I'll be coming back because the other dealer was going to charge me 50% more than her price and showed her the receipt I had from the dealer showing the back order items. She just said well we only charge the manufacturer retail. I never went back to the first dealer again. This Lady almost always had the parts I needed. She told me one time the boss didn't want her ordering all this stuff - but she knew the parts people needed and she ordered it for stock anyway.

Moral of the story: It pays to shop around (and there really are some good Women out there).

Jason,

I don't know what that contraption is on the front of your tractor, but it appears to me that the colour is Steiger green. That is well within the CaseIH family. I like the weight rack on the back of the 1450. That should do you well.

This is a lot for a Cub Cadet purist to say, but Nice Work!

Brian W. -

Kraig -

Not mine, found the Steiger green cub
307769.gif
the web. I think it might be a ql 1200, just seemed very unique so thought I would share.
thumbsup.gif

ihrotate.gif

Attachments

• 307769.gif
    307769.gif
    1.6 KB · Views: 111
  • thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 113
  • ihrotate.gif
    ihrotate.gif
    1.7 KB · Views: 107
Quick question for electric PTO guys.

I'm installing an IPTO electric clutch (later model). I have the driving hub on the crank over the field coil. Question...when sliding the feeler gauge in at 4 different locations is it suppose to go in at an angle and only a small amount? I can insert the gauge all around but it won't go but so far because of the angle of insertion. The pic in the service manual shows 4 gauges inserted and they appear to be straight and inserted deeper. This is the reason for my post. The manual seems to show one thing and I'm experiencing another.

This is the later, unpainted IPTO electric clutch that doesn't require shims behind the driven hub. This field coil alignment is the only critical part that I can see at this point. The next gauging seems sort of automatic between the driven disc and the driving hub on this model due to the lack of shims.

Brake plate nuts adjust air gap...

Doug -

Very nice, Glad to see the old 122 motoring around. Awesome!
Them darn wasp/mud daubers LoL
Hey just wondering if that is the mouth watering, plates coming back for more, "Silver Queen" growing out there in the garden?
drool.gif

Attachments

• drool.gif
    drool.gif
    2.6 KB · Views: 106
Doug - just before the end of the video I see you skiddin' the tires. Brakes must be workin' really good.
Shift.gif

Wayne - sorry I never had one of the later un-painted electric PTOs. I think they're pretty rare actually.

Brian - if you study those pics of that Steiger green tractor a littlw more I think you'll see it has an electric winch, which must be for raising/lowering the snow blade shown in one of the pics. This guy should'a just bought a Hydro instead of a Gear Grinder. Hydraulic Lifts RULE!

Attachments

• Shift.gif
    Shift.gif
    3.1 KB · Views: 119
Doug A. Congratulations on getting the 122 running again.
307772.gif

Attachments

• 307772.gif
    307772.gif
    2.4 KB · Views: 116
  • 307772.gif
    307772.gif
    2.4 KB · Views: 113

Latest posts

Back