• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 03, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dfrisk

displayname
Dennis Frisk
Far as the fiber PTO clutch wear buttons My old 129 used to spit a broken one out every year or so. I found that gently pushing and twisting the new one in worked fine every time with just My finger tips. I bet the one in My 72 is TEN years old! IMHO the mechanical PTO clutches are MUCH more durable & reliable than the electric clutches. I've never had any problems with the PTO clutch on My 982 but I know it's just a matter of time!

Hi I have a transmission question,is there any difference in the hydros from a 782 than from a 125 or a 1250 besides the linkage? Thanks

James C:

YUP... The 782 has a "Ported Hydro", while the 125 & 1250 do not.

Denny, we had that mechanical PTO vs Electric clutch PTO debate a year or two ago. Richard C. and I took opposing views.... I was in the mechanical PTO corner. I don't think either of us conceded.
coffee.gif
I sure hope Richard didn't notice any of my recent posts a few weeks back about me struggling to get the last
rant.gif
set screw out. The PTO is off and I'm just waiting for a rebuild kit to show up.
happy.gif

Mike M., I sure like your turbo Diesels!
drool.gif

I've done a search of FAQ's and no luck, so here are a couple of questions:

1) I'm assuming the deck belt drives for NF's and WF's are different, BUT will the decks interchange? Deck from 1450 attach to a 126?

2)Will the transmissions and fenders interchange b/t NF's and WF's?

3) I thought I saw someone make a statement a few days ago about not being able to "tap into" the hydraulics on a 147. Is this true and if so, I'm assuming it would also apply to a 107??

Jim T.,

1) Some of the mower decks do not easily interchange. It can be done, but the mounting subframes have to be altered. The 44" and 50" decks use a slightly "humped" subframe scissors. You would have to swap the front portion from a NF deck subframe to a wide frame subframe, if that makes sense.

2) The transmissions will but there are some slight differences in the linkages, even between the 3 narrow frames series with hydros (123, 105/125, 107/127/147). Also some had internal brakes (107/127/147) some had external brakes (123, 105/125).

3) True, the 147 and 107 do not have "ported" hydros. None of the narrow frame Cub Cadets had ported hydros. The first with a ported hydro would have been the model 149, which was also from the first wide frame series.

Jim,
1. The 44a and the 50a decks will fit but you will need a humpback style hanger. You will also need to fabricate some special linkage so you can lift the deck off the lawn. Even with the deck raised its not off the ground very far. This is what a 44a looks like.
63378.jpg

The standard 38 or 42 should fit fine. The NF came with those decks. You just need to get the hanger the deck came with.
63379.jpg

Dont forget you need the mule drives.

2. Don't know.

3. Correct, the hydro's are the same on the 147 and the 107.

Kraig and/or Terry,

What about the fenders? Will they interchange?

Jim T.-

1. What everyone else said, emphasis on not getting more that like 2" of lift.

2. Yes, but Kraig needs more coffee. 123,1x5 are internal brake, 1x7 are external brake. The fenders look the same but the under-the-seat areas are different, and they mount different too. So, no on the fenders.

3. Already answered.

Richard T.,
I didn't know, "...snap rings have a flat side and a chamfered side and that the flat side should always be installed in the groove
with the flats side out.". Thanks for sharing that tidbit.
buttrock.gif

Kraig McC.,
Regarding your comment, "...some had internal brakes (107/127/147) some had external brakes (123, 105/125)."
Do you mean <u>all</u> within those model groups or <u>some</u> within those model groups?
The reason I ask is because my CC127 has external brakes.....maybe my 127 rearend isn't OEM?
Ryan W
beerchug.gif

Matt, thanks for correcting my slip up, you've been doing a lot of that recently.
roflol.gif
Seeing as the 125 is my favorite tractor and I have a "few" of them around you'd think I wouldn't goof that up.
bash.gif
I'm better now.
63381.gif

Jim, I believe the fenders are different too. However, you might be able to modify them to mount the fenders from a 1x6/7 onto a 1450 or the fenders from a 1450 onto a 1x6/7. The 1450 had the battery mounted under the seat and there was just a storage area under the seat of the 1x6/7. Also IIRC, the area of the fenders where they wrap down and around the tunnel area is different so they won't fit "nicely".

Thanks Roland, I also forgot about the dump valves. Would 782 hydro work on a narrow frame?

I am looking for a crankshaft for my 147 engine. The 14 HP is a K321. Someone mentioned that the crankshaft in the 12hp K301, 14hp K321, and the 16hp K341 are all the same. I looked up the specs in the Kohler manual and from what I can tell they are all the same. However, the parts lookup above gives me 2 different part numbers. The 14hp and the 16hp crankshaft part number is KH-45-142-25 and the 12hp crankshaft part number is KH-47-142-30.

Will a 12hp crankshaft fit in a 14hp block?

Question for all. I have a friend at work who is interested in a garden tractor he can till with. Being that I don't own a tiller attachment, I was unable to recomend a model but did suggest CC. He needs this to be a dedicated unit just for tilling his sweet corn patch so it doesn't have to be fancy. A 38" unit would be fine, any suggestions on tractors would be appriciated. Thanks everyone.

Terry, the difference is in the counterweights. AFAIK, the K301 crank will work in a 14hp however it might vibrate more. IMO, your best option is to contact Don Vogt, for a used 14hp or 16hp crank. I bought a used 14hp K321 crank from him for my 12hp K301 rebuild.

RYAN - Actually, internal & External snaprings are stamped out....and when the punch comes down and presses down on the metal the bottom side of the metal starts bending down to the point it gets Pinched between the punch & die then Fractures. The "FLAT Side" of the ring is the top side of the metal and the "Chamfered side" of ring is the bottom.

Brian: from past experience I found that a 1450 handled the tiller, well lets say just ok, when I installed the same tiller on a 782 the difference is night and day.

Of course if he works the sweet corn patch first, ie. cutting the stalks, plowing, the 38inch would work on smaller units also. I would at least have a very good 12 hp and my thinking is for a tiller using a Hydro you can control ground speed better.

Now I am going to hide behind my wife because these guys wouldn't throw rotten apples at her.
rofl.gif

Pops

Latest posts

Back