• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 24, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Harry, did the needle/seat assy last year and today check things out and mowed the lawn with no problems. If it happens again I'll tear into it but if it works, leave it. Just my 02C. 2 days ago rolled the lawn with my 'new' roller I got from my brother. It's 750 lbs pulls differently than my little 270 lb guy. I need to get the rest of my pics up here sometime and get some feedback from folks. Have a great day and thanx for the response, always appreciated.

David P - ya Gerry hit the nail on the head, the axle channel spreads open allowing the axle to rock when you turn. This can give the appearance as play in the steering wheel as well since the "rock" makes it seem like the wheel is slipping. The FAQ explains what to do.

Gerry - yes, sometimes the rotating the cam follower works, sometimes replacing it works, sometimes nothing seems to help and you have to find a new worm gear shaft. I just like starting with the 1/4turn and fresh grease, to see if I'm good to go for another couple years. Wayne seems to have decided to just go thru the box completely on every unit but my impression was David P was looking for "some improvement" over what he has without having to remove the steering wheel, take 3 or 4 hours for removal, disassembly, inspection, ordering parts, rebuild, adjust and re-install the box.
With regard to you comment about a "binding" issue, was that a pun for use with library, or some intestinal fortitude reference? (hehe)

Mike C - well, there is a good chance our new fangled gasoline dried up a little causing your fairly new needle to stick open. Running the engine may have worked it out. Only time will tell.

thanx Harry...a good dose of sea foam can't hurt either.....
Shotgun.gif

Hey guys, my starter generator died on my 126 so I bought a replacemnt from DB Electrical. I replaced it and now my belt is really loose. I put the defective starter back on the belt is nice and tight. Should I just get a smaller belt or return the starter and has anyone ever delt with DB Electrical ?
Also, is the starter generator belt easy to replace ?
Thanks.

Dave H.
DB sells both styles of S/G's, you as you know now, got the wrong one.
It's just a matter of different styles of front mounts.
Get a 1" shorter belt and you'll be fine.

I'll not comment on changing the belt.
1a_scratchhead.gif

Would like to use this k161 I removed from an Original in a 71 but not sure it's correct. I know the oil pan is different but don't understand the two holes down and to the left of the breather box? Confused as usual!

257766.jpg

Hi All,
New to the forum and proud to be here. I have just made a new purchase and bought a 129 Hydro for cheap, used it as soon as I got it home to mow the yard. Now my question, what are the springs that are located on each side of the dash? For some reason I cannot figure out what they are for and any help from you guys would be very appreciated. Thanks, C

Chauncey F.
Raise the hood and you will see to clips attached to it. That's where those to hood hold down springs clip into.

Lucas - do you know if IH ever put that block in a 71? Don't want to waste money rebuilding it if it's not correct.

Are rear wheel dimensions available on the site anywhere? What I'm looking for is info for a 109 RW, ie: backspacing, bolt circle and pilot dia(axle). looking at wheel assy at Surplus Center and just want to make sure it fits because what I come up with on my tractor doesn't make sense.
Pilot 3 1/8, BC 4 1/4, BS 2. I could just buy the set and use the tires 'cuz 23x8.50x12 Carlisle Turf Masters cost more than the assy, $49.99. Thanx

I hate to re-hash old issues but this one is very important...Engine Oil.

Some time ago I read through some very impressive posts on the benefits of using synthetic oil,,,something about old style oil having different sizes of molecules and synthetic having all the same size and therefore so much better. I was convinced and went to synthetic 5w20 in my 129 this winter. I pushed a lot of snow and have been pulling a lot of loads of wood recently and have had no problems at all. The tractor runs great doesn't smoke or use a lot of oil.

I recently read someone advising against the use of synthetic oil and am just getting ready to change to 5w30 for the summer.

There are a whole lot of real experts on this site and I know I and I'm sure a lot of other owners would very much appreciate some of your advice on this subject as it is probably the single most important aspect of keeping our tractors running.

It would be a good idea to post whatever you came up with on the FAQ's for future reference.

Thanks and good running.

I have a 126 K301 Spec 47504 that needs a S/G repacement. The S/G says Delco Remy Model #1101967 S/N 3J16 12 volts. So I ordered the replacement from DB Electrical and they ship me the replacement S/G which I installed. The problem is that when I go and tighten the belt I pull the S/G as far as it goes and the belt is too loose, if I put the dead S/G back on I can get the correct tension.
Charlie on here says "DB sells both styles of S/G and It's just a matter of different styles of front mounts."
So, then I called DB back and they say they only sell one style and can't figure out why this new one needs a smaller belt.
Do you guys know of this problem or do you know the correct part number ?
Their part number that they sent me is GDR0001
Thanks Guys

Dave, compare the mounting flanges on the two S/G that you have. IIRC there are two styles one is offset left the other is offset right.

257778.jpg

257779.jpg

Thanks Kraig and Charlie, I can't wait to get home tonight and check this out.
Do you guys know if there are 2 different part numbers for the left and right side flanges ?

Thanks

Charlie
GDR0003 is clockwise rotation
I need counter clockwise.
Right ?

Latest posts

Back