• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 09, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Closer look shows it is a sintered filter. Just curious about the restriction in a gravity fed system.

Kenny W. - Thanks for the info! I've replaced the gasket above the glass bowl and it's fine. I've also replaced the "O" ring in the shut off valve but it still leaks. Just tired of messing around with it! As for the filter, the guy at the store said it's supposed to work on gravity feed systems. I guess for $4.00 I'll give it a try. If not, I'll try one of the red Briggs disk filters. I had bought a filter with the paper element in it but it was big and I didn't think I could get it fit in the space and have it look half way decent so I took it back.

Thank you for info. That is weird that some have the zeros out of order. Again thank you. I'm sure I'll be coming to you guys again for help in the future.

Jerry "Nines are wild" - ya, Mike F hasn't completed his overhaul yet and it sounds as tho he no longer needs the 169 and will be passing it along once he's done. I was hoping to find someone that had a 16hp K341 with balance gears they had used along time, then removed the gears and installed David Kirk's balance kit, and have used it quite a bit since. (Basically someone that experienced a lot of use both before and after). As you probably know my K341A in my 169 was DOA when I picked it up. When I did the overhaul (er, Kenny W and Jim C did) I wanted it done using the "parts it was built with" - so the balance gears are back in it. It's a Trailer Queen and doesn't get much run time, but when I do run it I don't seem to notice a lot of vibrations. I'm just trying to get a better understanding of what to expect once I do remove the gears and add David's kit.

Harry, In your case (if'n it were my situation)of the trailer queen.. I'd leave'em in. Your not working it with high rpm's are you?

If Jim and Kenny put in all new, you won't run it long enough to wear'em out.

That's my 2 cents anyway.

While using my 149 with front plow blade to move around a fresh stone pile to fill dips in the driveway, the hyd lift stopped in the full up position. All other aspects of the tractor are normal. I removed the driveshaft cover and moved the gas tank out of the way to inspect the system. The rockshaft is not jammed,the lift lever and linkage are working properly,the spool in the control valve self centers,and moves about 1/4 in equally in both up and down positions. I do have the gauge and adapters to take a pressure test, but I think it has to be an internal blockage somewhere.so I am hoping someone can advise me on how cure this problem.

Reply to Steve and aaytay, The cylinder does not move at all, and it is possible that one of the hoses is internally collapsed, I will rule that out when I get it home. Thanks

Latest posts

Back