• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 09, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brhodes

displayname
Bill Rhodes
Great News Just got the PTO off the 107. I know for sure this is the first time off in over 40 years. Use the info off this webpage.

http://cubfaq.com/setscrews.html

This saved me hours.

Brings to mind Charlie how long has it been since I donated anything to this site?
Near a year I bet? I plan on correcting that.

Thank you all for your time and efforts.

Bill

John L.,

Dad's 149 had balance gears in it. We ran that engine for 1400+ hours with them, and they stayed put. When it needed the second set of rings and a piston, he removed them....... now the vibration is VERY noticeable...... Now this is a solid mounted 14 Horse so the ISO mounts do help, as I have a 1450, and it doesn't vibrate near as bad as Dad's 149......

Scott N, The running 1450 #2 I purchased from the local scrap man around three years ago, operated smoothly as I recall driving it up to the front of the yard. Though, I don't remember now, how my 1450 #1 with out balance gears operates in terms of vibration to my scrap yard 1450 #2. And to be honest, I would have not known a difference until I discovered the gears for myself. I claim that because, my 1450 #1 has all new flex disc in the drive line. I'm not sure I believe the new flex disc are anymore softer than the well worn parts I took out. At that point, I thought I'd better get the original replacement iso mounts, and leave all the secondary, alternative parts guess work to the pro's! I had to also find a good set of iso frame rails. What good is gained if the steel bushings don't aline and function the way they were designed when the mounts themselves don't aline because of wallowed out holes in the iso frame rail?

As mentioned before, I still plan to replace the hub flange, and up grade to the double disc in the rear. But having replaced the hood hinge, most of my vibration is in a tweaked hood ( which I have another ) vibrating unevenly against the top of the hood support just ahead of the fuel tank. My Quiet Line is not perfect, but aint bad either in terms of operation and comfort
Shift.gif

Attachments

• Shift.gif
    Shift.gif
    3.1 KB · Views: 160
Quality Control musta been on break the day this came out of the foundry.
Installing the 3 pt and spring assist and ran into a snag of sorts.

Kinda wondered why I couldn't get the 3 pt lift bar in alongside the 126 frame. This is the worker I picked up last month. Time to break out the grinder!!

Anyone else ever run into this before??

303434.jpg

303435.jpg

Attachments

• 303435.jpg
    303435.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 138
  • 303434.jpg
    303434.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 155
  • 303434.jpg
    303434.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 151
  • 303435.jpg
    303435.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 154
I am helping a friend fix a home that he was renting and wants to sell. It is about 3 hours away and on 4 acres. The tenant had to be evicted and caused about $25k in damage. It turns out he used the place for growing and selling pot. It really sucks.

one of the jobs we need to do is to clean up the yard. The grass/weeds are really high and all he has is a push mower. I am loading my 1000 and 44c deck up on the truck to take care of that problem. In a way I am looking forward to it - plenty of seat time.

I made ramps when I picked up my 1450 Jan 14. I'm glad I kept them. I'll snap a picture of the tractor loaded if you are interested.

Thanks Austin, but I'm good
1AA_dance2.gif

The sales I visited this weekend were a bust.

Attachments

• 1AA_dance2.gif
    1AA_dance2.gif
    5.1 KB · Views: 156
David - I suspect QC was doing their job, but the line guy didn't follow directions
bash.gif

Bob - hey pics are always great!!!
worthless.gif

Attachments

• worthless.gif
    worthless.gif
    41.6 KB · Views: 148
  • bash.gif
    bash.gif
    904 bytes · Views: 151
All - one question I've been meaning to ask
Is there anyone on here that has done David Kirk's balance kit mod to their K341 16hp Kohler? This mod is where you remove the stock balance gears (if they were there to begin with), and add the little balance plate that David Kirk designed. I'm wondering how much effect you had to vibrations. Hoping someone with a 169 (solid mount K341) has done this.

New to this hobby. for $420.00 I just picked up two running 1250's with working 44A mowers, 1250's are in descent shape, run well. the mowers are a little rough. Anyhow, i've checked all the posts on serial numbers and they both have 205 for garden tractor, but then one has 0630 which is a 1250, the other has 0063, i can't find anywhere that address the 0063 model. could someone enlighten me.

I'm doing away with my leaky glass sediment bowl on my 104. Has anyone ever used one of these filters?

303462.jpg

Attachments

• 303462.jpg
    303462.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 154
  • 303462.jpg
    303462.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 149
Jeff, Thank you for the link. I actually had been to a similar site. But if you notice, 0063 is not on the list. 0630 is listed at 1250, but 0063 is not even there???? Any suggestion??

Harry
Didn't Mike Frade do that to his 169 shortblock?

Kenneth type out your entire number here and ill try to help or post a picture of the tag

Karner: the IH KIND is 205 and the IH CODE for a 1250 is 63 no matter where the zeros are. The difference is when they came off the assembly line. Earlier ones had 0063 (iirc) and later ones had 0630 (also iirc). Why? Who knows now. The key is the 63 not the zeros!

M Bounds

Kevin,
Do you just need a new gasket for the sediment bowl? The new ones are rubber, not cork and last a long time. Or is it the shut-off valve leaking?
Stens, Rotary and others still sell new sediment bowl units.
If you are going to install an inline filter, remember to put a shut-off in there too. I'd recommend a briggs disc filter as the mesh matches the sediment bowl screen. I've seen paper element filters stop gravity fed systems at about half tank of gas due to restriction. Just my .02

Back