• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 08, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbounds

displayname
MBounds
Charlie..The women will tell you that it is an extablished fact that most men do not like to stop & seek directions.....They think they'll get by osmosis or served up on a platter, with no effort on their part, and we sure have lots of those types around here....

Myron B

Charlie P.,

I don't think it's a matter of it being, "...so hard for people to read..." as it is a matter of, 'Why do I need three different needles on three different scales of measurement when most hour meters simply have one dial or a single digital counter to track the hours operated.'

I'm thinking it's similar to the age old question of, "Do you drink your beer from the bottle or do you want a glass?"
It's probably more related to what you're accustomed to or most familiar with rather than the degree of difficulty in the task...

Happy Easter!
Ryan W
beerchug.gif

I am searching for a picture of a IH spring assist bracket that connects the spring to the lifting shaft. I found a crude drawing but I need a photograph or a drawing with dimentions so I can make one. I found on my 107 the spring but the bracket connecting it to the lifting shaft is missing.

I think the sheet metal piece on the rearend of the 125 (and others) may have been a safety guard as well as aesthetic. I realize its a long shot to get a body part that far up in the frame tunnel, just a thought.

Ryan,

Your thoughts on hour meters aren't quite correct. Electrical hour meters (like you use on simple things like GTs) do not register hours with respect to engine RPM....they don't even care if the engine is RUNNING. The are a simple clock wired into the ignition circuit...switch on, it counts hours. Leave the switch on over night and your hour meter shows 12 more hours (that the engine didn't run).

Big tractor hour meters don't measure hours with respect to RPM either, some have curcuitry that assures that the engine is actually running, but otherwise 1 hour = 1 hour.

(think of the low RPM high load situation vs. the high RPM no load situation....which tractor would you buy, and would you want the hour meter "biased"????)

16hp Briggs has spark.....now it's time for more sheetmetal to go back on it!!!!

Ryan , Thanks, I looked back in the forum and found the instructions, but just call me stupid. And thanks again. Sorry if I up set anyones Easter. Will hold off of my questions til I get my manual. John

John H.
Ask away!
Check out both FAQ's and that might save you some time having to ask.
beerchug.gif

And who knows, you might just have a question that's not been asked before, we really like those.

biggrin.gif

Ryan/Steve B.-

The only hourmeters I know of that measure hours with respect to RPM are mechanical ones inside the tachs on small aircraft. On those I believe 1 hour = 1 hour only at cruise power.

Hi guys, just reduced my winter fever. Its Easter & my anniversary but my wife let me finish my buddy's 982. Got the engine put in yesterday & fired up, but broke-in the engine &ran it for a couple of hours. Boy I can hardly wait for Pday & see it work. My cub fever has leveled off & time to be nice to the wife for being so understanding. Hope to be at Pday, see you there. thanks Rick

Ignition Switch blown now???

1) I found that the 3 spindles from another 42" deck are all the same... only the pulleys are different sizes. Removed one to replace my worn out center spindle.

2) tried to fire up to test the PTO with no belt attached... now there's a terrible "clackety" sound coming from inside the console behind the ignition... and NO life at all from the starter/generator.

with battery charger attached
- clackety sound

without battery charger attached
- not so much as a click from anything on the Cub

Should I look into replacing the ignition switch?

On older diesel engines with mechanical injectors there is not an ignition circuit to speak of. Hour meters (and other accessories) are activated by a switch where the circuit is completed when sufficient oil pressure is achieved. This way, the hour meter only registers when the engine is running. Brian L

Got one of these, tach when running hour meter when not. Simple ground wire and one to wrap around spark plug wire.

Jon N.,
Regarding the sheet metal piece, you make a good point.
If it was to serve strictly for aesthetics, I think IH would have named it just a COVER.
Instead, in the MTD lookup link, in the CC127 Hydro Drive Related Parts section, #12 is the part we are talking about.
They name the part a Tranmission Case Rear Cover Shield.
Thanks for the input!
thumbsup.gif

Ryan W
beerchug.gif

Steve B. / Matt G. / Brian L.,

Thanks guys for sharing your knowledge on hour meters!
I'm smarter now than I was Saturday!
thumbsup.gif

Thanks! Ryan W
beerchug.gif

Well I found out I don't get an employee discount on any of our iron. So buying iron to make wheels weights is out of the question at the prices of metal right now unless I win the lottery. Well, ther was a cub-specific part to this post but it has just flown the coupe, not enough chicken feed in with the rocks I guess.

Back