• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 08, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaytay

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Home of the Plow Special
Ken-
Green tractors????? Yea, I got those. I'm not too busy to post. I just don't like you, that's all.....
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Kraig-
At the rate you're going with that Original refurb, I'm going to look like KENtucky when you're done.
old.gif
<font size="-2">I'm talking about the "old" part, not the "ugly" part....</font> LOL!
happy.gif

Charlie-
I learned a trick from a smart old Coot down at the marina this past summer about belts...

I had one on our boat that was squealing bad. It was squeeky a idle, but would howl (slip) at higher throttle settings.

He said, "Fire it up" and when I did he reached into his pocket, pulled out a pocket knife that had a serrated blade on it. He climbed right down next to that idling 454 and proceeded to give the sides of the belt a "shave" as they were whiring around. He just held the knife edge perpendicular to the gripping faces of the belt to rough up the glaze that was on them. The sound immediately went away and a quick throttle up showed no more slipping.

After that he stood up, put his knife away, and walked over to the cooler saying, "I'll take my free beer now!"
beer2.gif

I know that's tough to do with this serrated belt you have, but it's food for thought either way...

KENtucky, we got Art to post!
beerchug.gif

Art, I hope it doesn't take me that long, cause when you're old then I'm going to be 8 years past old.......
angry.gif

Charlie
On the belt another old trick is a bar of soap. Sounds stupid i know but it works. I was a VW mechanic for a while and something about the late 80's early 90's cars they always squeeled and slipped the belts. Take a bar of soap to it while it was running and poof it would go away.
The magic Dove bar.....

I asked what this meant... Ita erat quando hic adveni
<font color="ff0000">It was that way when I got here. </font>

Dennis F.,

Thanks again for sharing your tips, experiences and opinions!

I get the impression that you plan to make that current project K321 of yours do more than simply run a mower deck or push a snow blade, ay?
wink.gif

Take Care,
Ryan W
beerchug.gif

Charlie, don't mean to be a spoil sport here. It's not that I didn't like anyones answers it is just that noone answered my question.

so I'll start by saying perhaps my question was not clear.

I appreciate the clear instructions offered to me on plow set up and tuning. thank you MEO Dale M etc..

The question I am asking is not how to tune a plow, but rather I was wondering if anyone had seen some type of turnbuckle or adjusting rods That I could purchase or what would be the best type of set up to make to adjust the pitch of of the point.

I was hoping on a longshot those folks that may know fasteners better than me may have an idea such as: "Look at this and this type of turnbuckle or clevis ends at joes fastener warehouse"

So I apologize if I caused some confusion.

I am a little curious as to your motivation for drawing attention to my post in the manner in which you have. It did not seem to be in the spirit of helping me but rather it was asking me why I am asking again.

Kraig thanks for the help. I got the thrower for nothhing and the 1250 for nothing and just threw the two together before the snow and never gave the stuff you pointed out and never gave it a thought. I've just been to busy plowing snow and trying to keep the tractor running to do much other than throw on a belt once a week. Now that the end is in sight I can check this stuff out and get it right cause I'm sure its not done snowing for the year.

Your right Jason,
Thr problem with that plow is the fact that the standard (the upright piece) and the beam (The part that's on top and connects everthing together is all one piece.
So there's no good way to adjust anything that I can see, unless you run something from the plow itself. But by doing that, you'll loose any stability in the whole unit.
Maybe that's why plow makers now days use this setup for garden tractors? And don't use none moving setups like those old plows for walk behinds.
52972.jpg

I'm wrong, your right. I'm not into helping anyone, guess it's a weakness on my part, sorry bout that. I'll work on my spirit/enthusiasm just for you!

WHOW WHOW WHOW There Charlie.
Plow makers now-a-days dont mkae them non-movable?
What about the Cat.0 3 point plows ?
They dont have any adjustments, are a solid beam plow and plow just fine.
52975.jpg

on a 3 point don't you adjust the plow by altering the length of the top link on the 3 point hitch itself. Sort of the same thing I am trying to do here.

I did not re-post my question to bring out sarcasm or to prove anyone right. However I am sorry that I brought it out.

Charlie - on yer March 08, 2007 - 11:09 am: post - I've never had cogged belts slip! Just the opposite, I use them when I need a better grip. I use Gates though.

Jason - You'd have to cut the beam in two but yeah I could make it adjust and I have a small top link just the right size too as an adjuster. How you do it will depend on how creative you are.

What the 7734 is happening on here ! Digger is getting GRUMPIER and I'm getting more helpful ... SCARY ISN'T IT !!!!!

I'm sad to hear kohlers decision. Charlie when will it take place? I have a something or other plow that is adjustable and some PO used nuts and a long threaded rod. I'll head outside to take a pic.

Lonny - you plow through a marching band ? You've got a snare drum hung in your plow.

So does anyone know where would be a good place to find adjustable turnbuckles or heim joints etc that I could use on the top of my plow? Not having much luck locally but maybe I'm not looking in the right place.

Jason - the hemi joints are plentiful but you really need a right and left thread so you can adjust it without taking one end loose... or just use one and swivel the other end. Jegs , Napa , Advance , some tractor dealers , hardware stores.

<font color="0000ff"> Side Note: David Bradely had a good adjustment with a threaded crank handle and a pivioting nut</font>

KENtucky,
Thats snare drum is being used as the depth gauge wheel.
happy.gif

Charlie,
Yeah, I know it adjusts useing the top link, but the beam is still solid/non-adjustable.
lol.gif

Jason,
I think you are on the right tract with your idea, put a turnbuckel inbetween your brackets, I would think it would work in the same manner as a 3 point plow.

Latest posts

Back