• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 08, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just gotta love those CCC (Custom by Cobble Craft) mods!!
eek.gif

Attachments

• eek.gif
    eek.gif
    1,022 bytes · Views: 109
David Q., "...power steering unit..." it took me a few seconds to figure out what you meant.
a_blink2.gif
1a_scratchhead.gif
roflol.gif

David S., "CCC mods" yep!
happy.gif
I added the draw bar and extra support for the weights. They were just suspended off of the fender/seat support and that was starting to bend and sag. I added the angle iron from the axle tubes with the angle iron from side to side supported on the factory draw bar.

313365.jpg

Attachments

• a_blink2.gif
    a_blink2.gif
    1.1 KB · Views: 119
  • 1a_scratchhead.gif
    1a_scratchhead.gif
    774 bytes · Views: 121
  • roflol.gif
    roflol.gif
    4.4 KB · Views: 110
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 111
  • 313365.jpg
    313365.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 107
  • 313365.jpg
    313365.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 113
Yes I have the complete Windbreaker cab for it. Because the weight on the back caused the fenders to sag, the brackets for the cab also sagged. The doors don't fit like they're supposed to. I use a bungee cord as a latch.

Jeremiah - thanks for the info and posting the great pics of the Neutral Safety Switch replacement. I've jumpered a few out as a temporary fix but never liked leaving it as permanent.

I've purchased several CC's over the years that came with a switch jumpered out, but I'm a little surprised with Matt's comment. Although I've done replacements with good used ones I've also purchased a few new over the years to.

I'd also like to add that sometimes the switch just needs a little adjustment. Depending on which switch it is, sometimes the actuating lever that contacts it gets weak/bent and adjusting the switch fixes it.

I won't necessarily actively remove the switches, but as soon as they cause trouble.......they go away.......
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 112
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 110
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 108
That is quite a rig, Craig.

Well, I had ten minutes today to check on the 149. It had 12 volts at the coil, I checked it again, and it was solid. So I squirted some starting fluid in it, and she fired right up (the "she" is intentional). Then it died, same as before.

But this time, I remembered that I had shut the gas off at the tank yesterday, because . . . I had found the fuel filter installed with the "FLOW" arrow pointing at the tank, so I turned it around. Now what kind of fool would have installed a gas filter backwards like that?

After I turned the gas on, I squirted a second burst of starter fluid (which I wouldn't recommend, it knocked twice the second time I started it), and she took off and purred. Ran it up to full RPM, never stumbled, got the ammeter hopping on "0" and shut it off in order to make my appointment.

Long story short (too late) I'm not sure why it wouldn't start the other day. I think "she" was just teasing me; but she got what she wanted, I burned two vacation days getting her running this year. Still need to put the points cover back on, clean the sponge that goes around the air cleaner, PM the battery and top off the hydrostatic fluid, but otherwise, she seems ready to go another season.
greenthumb.gif

Edit: Steve et al. Safety is Job One, although I admit, it can get pretty ridiculous at times the length to which some industrial concerns take the stuff.

Attachments

• greenthumb.gif
    greenthumb.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 117
  • greenthumb.gif
    greenthumb.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 112
Was dual stick hydraulics an option on a 169? Can't find it in the parts lookup.I want to add it to my next 169 trailer Queen build.

Back